PDA

View Full Version : Silent installation of IC Imaging Control 3

ibidi_Munich
September 22, 2008, 16:23:02
Dear support team,

I have a question regarding the installation of IC Imaging Control 3.0:

We developed a camera software with LabView and for that I want to create an installation CD with an automatic installation of the needed files.

Is there a way to start the installation with some parameters including the License key? It would be easier for the customer not to enter an additionally license key...

Best regards and thanks for the answer,

Martin

Stefan Geissler
September 23, 2008, 06:59:53
Dear Martin,

this is possible, I have a runtime setup, that can be installed silent. Please contact me at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/.

jianshi
March 16, 2015, 19:18:57
Dear Martin,

this is possible, I have a runtime setup, that can be installed silent. Please contact me at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/.

Hi Stefan,

I understand this is a very old post. I am using the camera "DMK 72AUC02" in my product, for which I install three software from your website:
1. DEVICE DRIVER FOR THE IMAGING SOURCE USB CAMERAS
2. IC IMAGING CONTROL .NET COMPONENT FOR C#, VB.NET, C++ CLASS LIBRARY FOR C++ PROJECTS
3. IC CAPTURE, IMAGE ACQUISITION

The installation is to support run-time, not for development.

Is it possible to run the setup in silent mode or without any user input?

Thank you for your kind attention!
-Jian

Stefan Geissler
March 17, 2015, 10:12:36
Hello

call the setup with parameter /VERYSILENT.

Stefan Geissler
March 17, 2015, 10:12:36
Hello

call the setup with parameter /VERYSILENT.

jianshi
March 17, 2015, 15:55:08
Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your prompt response! I tested the parameter on installer for (2) and (3), both work well!

Is there any method to automate the (1) installer?

Again the three installers I want to automate are:
1. DEVICE DRIVER FOR THE IMAGING SOURCE USB CAMERAS
2. IC IMAGING CONTROL .NET COMPONENT FOR C#, VB.NET, C++ CLASS LIBRARY FOR C++ PROJECTS
3. IC CAPTURE, IMAGE ACQUISITION

Thank you for your kind attention!

Regards,
-Jian

Stefan Geissler
March 17, 2015, 16:10:45
Yes, there is. use drvinstaller /install. Maybe the "/" is unnessary, just test it. Also it is not necessary to have the camera connected, while you run the drvInstaller with this parameter.

jianshi
March 19, 2015, 04:35:46
Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for the information! I would like to confirm that I was able to get the silent install with "drvInstaller.exe install".

One more question: is there a way to log the install result (success / fail information) to a file for any of the three installers?

Regards,
-Jian