PDA

View Full Version : fatal error C1083

vlademir
September 18, 2008, 21:26:48
Hi. i'm trying to capture images in visual studio 2005 with a Video-to-USB 2 conv.DFG/USB2-lt.
I followed all the steps in the first steps Vc6 IC class library user's guide about
how to set up a Visual C++ 6.0 project.
my problem is that at the end of the process when i try to build the solution appears this error: fatal error C1083: yo can not open the include file: 'DShow.h': No such file or directory.
I tried some solutions i found in the forum for this forum but nothing worked.
I wonder if my problem is to use the Visual Studio 2005. thank for your help on this.

Stefan Geissler
September 19, 2008, 08:38:25
Hi Vlademir,

there are many questions about the "Dshow.h" in this forum. This is the answer:

The file "dshow.h" and all related files are part of the DirectShow SDK of the "Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK Web Install", which can be found at following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en

On this page we recommend to click on the "Download" button for the web installer. After the web installer has been downloaded and started, select "custom setup" and uncheck all items except "DirectShow SDK". Then install.

In Visual Studio the pathes to the include and library directories of the new plattform SDK must be added. The plattform SDK will be installed into the Visual Studio directory.

Since Microsoft often changes the SDK downloads, it may is now the "Windows SDK V6.0"

If you encounter the "PVOID64" error, after you have added the include path to your include paths, please move the new include path down in the list until the error is gone.