PDA

View Full Version : time recording

sdecorme
August 25, 2008, 14:07:11
Hello everybody
I've 2 dfg/usb ,when I make a record of this 2 video in the same time the movies have not the same length.
For example the firrst 1H09min and the second 1H26min.
Any ideas...

Stefan Geissler
August 25, 2008, 14:38:40
Hello,

I would point to frame drops due to AVI capture. How long was the "real" AVI capture time?

sdecorme
August 25, 2008, 14:45:13
The problem came from the encoder because with de DV encoder given by windows the 2 video have the same lenght.
How work the frame counting ????

Stefan Geissler
August 25, 2008, 14:54:28
The DV Encoder sets the frame rate of the resulting AVI files to the DV norm, independent of the source frame rate.

How work the frame counting ????
This is coded in the used codec, thus I am not able to answer the question in detail. At least, the DirectShow file writer decides how many frames are written. If it is too slow, it will drop frames instead of writing them into the AVI file. In this case, only a reference to the last frame will be written (as far as I know). This will keep a constant frame rate.

Thus I can not understand, why the time difference between your two AVI files is 17 minutes.

Also I would like to know, how long was your AVI capture? 1:26 or 1:09 ?

sdecorme
August 25, 2008, 15:01:01
I don't know but I will make a new test with the exact time and I will do a new post . I've send a mail to the encoder firm too.
thanks