PDA

View Full Version : Many problems with IC Capture AS 2.0

Hyperion
June 28, 2008, 14:15:07
Hello,

I have some problems with IC Capture AS 2.0 .
The device is recognized (DFK 21AU04.AS). When I try to record a video, and then click on the "stop" button to stop the recording, IC Capture freeze. Even the "end task now" doesn't work. I have to reboot the PC.
I have a very classical PC : Athlon 64 X2, Windows XP, USB2...

Does anyone have an idea ?

Many thanks in advance !

Stefan Geissler
June 30, 2008, 10:11:19
Hello,

Did you install the driver from the CD ROM, that came with your camera, or do you use the Windows Standard driver?

Hyperion
June 30, 2008, 13:12:27
I used the driver on the CD-Rom. The camera is well recognized.
I also tried with the driver I found on your website. I was hoping that a new version would be more stable, but unfortunately this is not the case.
I have tried on two different PCs (i.e. different ******board, different chipset, different graphic card), but the result is still the same (IC capture freeze, and the system stops). I have tried all the USB conectors on the 2 PCs.
The only comon point is that the 2 PCs are using AMD processors (Athlon X2 4400+ and 4800+). Is there any possibility that the problem comes from this ?

Thank you for your answer.

PS : I have screenshots of the freezes, but I don't know if it will be useful (just the "end task now" in the task manager).

Stefan Geissler
July 1, 2008, 11:08:02
Hello,

The AMD boards have less USB perfomance than USB 2.0 High Speed should be. Thus you may try an extra USB 2.0 High Speed USB board.

Does the problem also occurs, if you use lower frame rates, e.g 7.5 fps? This just for checking, whether the USB controllers cause the problem.

Hyperion
July 2, 2008, 17:41:14
Hello M. Geissler,

I have tried with the Intel-based desktop I use at work, and... it all works fine !
You were perfectly right : ******boards for AMD processors causes problems.
I hope this experience will be useful for other cutomers.

Last question : I now would like to buy a new laptop. Which specifications would you recommend for me ?

Thank you very much !

P. Heinz

Stefan Geissler
July 2, 2008, 17:44:20
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

Last question : I now would like to buy a new laptop. Which specifications would you recommend for me ?

This is a very hard question. I had some good experices with Intel Dou Core, Windows XP with FireWire Performance Manager. But at least, I have no so much laptops tested.

But may be, other forum uses will provide their experiences.