PDA

View Full Version : Hardware problem with DFG 1394-1e

hurdes
June 22, 2008, 21:16:12
Hello. When im runing image procesing with converter DFG 1394 1e longer time (over 4 hrs.) my application lost device (exception Device not found, check cable connection). My application are implemented automatic restart, but still device not found. Im must trurn off and on grabber power. In this case are automatic restart is succesfully. We have got similar experience with this problem? What is case of this problem, and his solution? Thank you.

Stefan Geissler
June 23, 2008, 11:45:14
Hello,

Could you please give me some more details?

Serial number:
Version of drivers (use Device Manager):

Used software (e.g. IC Capture 2.0):
Used programming language (e.g. VB 7.1):
IC Imaging Control version (e.g. 3.0.3):
IC Imaging Control ActiveX used (yes/no)?
IC Imaging Control .NET Component used (yes/no)?
IC Imaging Control Classlibrary used (yes/no)?

Operating system:
DirectX version (use DXdiag):

Computer model:
Computer manufacturer;
FireWire (400 MBit / 800 MBit):
USB (1.0 / 2.0):

Special hardware (e.g. optical repeaters):

------------------------------------------

Also I would like to know, whether the LED on the DFG/1394-1e continous blinks if the device was lost.

If you want you can can go in direct contact to me at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/

hurdes
June 23, 2008, 19:51:25
Operating system Windows XP Professional
Driver version: 4.0.1.2
serial number: 48700184
imaging control SDK ver 3.0.5 C++ class library
directx: 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904

Notebook Dell Latitude D 630
CPU C2D T7500 2.2GHz
Firewire 1394a 400Mbit

Led in converter sometime blink, and sometime not light.

Im have one question. What are diferrences betwen two firewire ports (fire1 IN, fire2 OUT) on DFG 1394 1e ? When im connect PC with fire2 - out, its problem. When im connect pc with fire1 - in, its ok and converter running over 20 hrs and any problem. This ports not described in documentation.

Than you.

Stefan Geissler
June 24, 2008, 09:30:40
Thank you very much for your information. I suggest to install the FireWire Performance Manager to reveice correct FireWire data. This may fixes your problem. It matches to the "laptop" and "Intel Duo Core" criteria. The FireWire Performance Manager is downloadable for free at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/downloads/tools/

The "OUT" plug of the DFG/1394-1e is for connecting more FireWire devices in daisy chain. The "IN" connector is the input from the PC.

If the LED does not blink nor lit, then the DFG/1394-1e is not powered.

hurdes
June 24, 2008, 11:14:55
Thank you. I try the performance monitor.

In sometime grabber produce image, which is gray and described Internal Frame Error Pal ... What is do?
When grabber frezze led blinking and im must turn off and on power for solve this problem. Any idea?

hurdes
June 24, 2008, 13:17:06
Im install firewire performance monitor and problem remain. How this problem solve?

Stefan Geissler
June 24, 2008, 15:08:47
Is this the same problem, that you receive a device lost message box?
Do you use a camera or a video recorder? If you use a video recorder, then you may checkmark the "VCR Compatibility" property in IC Capture.

hurdes
June 24, 2008, 15:36:59
No, when i use my application with digital miniDV camera connected with firewire im not register any problem (device lost). This problem are only with DFG 1394 1e.

My application is writen in C++ (Visual studio 2005 express) as DLL, which is used in server for image processing (realtime text recognition, written in java). Device lost im detect by GrabberListener::deviceLost. When this method signal device lost, im read message from grabber->getLastError().

Stefan Geissler
June 24, 2008, 16:06:45
Do you use the same FireWire cable for your miniDV as for the DFG 1394-1e?

hurdes
June 24, 2008, 16:20:07
No, because my digital camera and notebook heve 4pin firewire conector and DFG have 6pin conector. Im have two type firewire cable 4/4 and 4/6 pin.

hurdes
June 25, 2008, 08:00:21
Hello, im try change firewire cable, and look it good. Im test this grabber over 9 hrs, and any problem. Maybe its solution of my problem with device lost. Time will show, if the bad cable is cause of my problem. I`ll continue with testing.

Thank you for support.

Stefan Geissler
June 25, 2008, 11:10:47
Than you very much. These are some good news.