PDA

View Full Version : Can't Instal USB 21AU04.AS cam

Exquse
June 13, 2008, 13:52:11
Hello,

yesterday I picked up a DMK USB cam and tried to sntal it but it don't work. The software says that there is no cam pluged in. I did download the latets software from the wed but this din't help. An other cabel din't help.
I foundt a litle work around on the web if windows regonize the cam as an USB device but this dind't work also.
I tried it on two laptops and a PC always the same, teh drivers software don't regonize that there is a cam conected. Windows instals drivers for an USB Video divice and sys there is a problem because the device won't start.

Do a mis anything here or do I have a defect cam?

Stefan Geissler
June 13, 2008, 14:04:33
If the software says, there is no camera connected, then Windows did not detect it anyway. This happens, if you have only
- USB 1.1
or
- Windows 2000
or
- less than 500mA on the FireWire port.

If the camera is listed in the Device Manager but not in the "Imaging Devices" section, then please perform a right mouse click on the entry of the camera and choos "uninstall". Then disconnect and reconnect and try to install the driver again.

Exquse
June 13, 2008, 14:10:03
Windows detect the camera and installing it as an USB video device (you can find it back in teh device manager) after that teh driver software says that there is no camera conected.
When I unistal the driver/device (USB video device) and plug teh cam in then windows automatecly instals it as an USB video device and I have the same problem aganin.
I once managed on anoe of my computers to uninstal the cam while windowsa din not automaticly instals it aftre that but even then I cant get the drivers instald manualy.

Exquse
June 13, 2008, 14:21:32
I just tryed a powerd USB hub but this did not work.

Windows reconize the cam and instals it under in the device manager under video devices as an USB video device. After that the driver software says there is no cam connected..... This happens on 2 laptops and 1 pc

I Have USB 2.0

Exquse
June 13, 2008, 14:52:40
I just tryed it on an other Laptop, with an without the powered USB hub and the following happens.

I see the cam in teh device manager as DMx.21AU04.as, when I right click on it and point the instal manager manualy to the driver and clikc next the instal manager says, Cant instal the device because the needed software is miissing (own translation because I have the dutch XP version)

When I try to let windows instal it automatacly I get it teh same message as above.

I.m out of options

Exquse
June 13, 2008, 15:36:23
If the camera is listed in the Device Manager but not in the "Imaging Devices" section, then please perform a right mouse click on the entry of the camera and choos "uninstall". Then disconnect and reconnect and try to install the driver again.[/QUOTE]

Won't work, teh camera pops up the device manager the same way as before and, when installing by hand the insatl wizard say that there is no software for teh device an when installing via the driver software teh driver software says that there is no cam installed

Stefan Geissler
June 13, 2008, 15:38:13
The driver installation must be started from the CD ROM that came with your camera. The standard Windows driver is not able to handle the DMK cameras, because it does not know the "Y800" video format of the camera.

In case you are missing the CD ROM, the drivers are available at http://www.theimagingsource.com too.

Exquse
June 13, 2008, 15:55:21
I Have the CDrom, that says that there is no camara conected. I tryed it one a dozen ways, I realy think my camera is defect.

Stefan Geissler
June 13, 2008, 16:13:42
If you want us to have a look on the camera, please go in contact with us at:
http://www.theimagingsource.com/en/company/support/

I had a similar problem like yours, but it was fixed, be deleting the camera from the device manager. Windows was a little but confused and added the camera as USB controller device. Then the drvInstaller was not able to locate the camera. After deleting the camera and reconnecting it, Windows detected the camera correctly and inserted it into the Imaging Devices. It tried to install the default driver with no success. Then I installed successfully the correct driver from the CD ROM.