PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Lines/Pattern in video

Captmgik
June 7, 2008, 08:15:43
Hello to all.

Please see the newly attached JPG. This is how I see the sun LIVE. The picture was also captured in an AVI with these lines. The lines do not appear all of the time. They sometimes appear when Im shooting Saturn.

I have a new DFK41au02.as and, like many on this forum, I am learning how to use this nice little camera. I am having an issue and don't yet understand the root cause.

Here's what's happening. I've taken several good pictures of Saturn. Most of the time I get a reasonable clear image but often I get a stripe pattern or banding pattern across the planet. Today I was trying to image the sun and I saw an orange ball, as expected, but it had zebra like stripes. I tried different settings and was not able to determine what causes this pattern.

I am using the image software that came with the camera. This issue shows itself on more than one telescope.

Am I alone on this one????

Thanks Jim

Stefan Geissler
June 9, 2008, 10:22:24
Jim,

is it possible to attach an image, so we can see the problem?

Thank you in advance!

oldfield
June 10, 2008, 05:36:35
Hello to all. I have a new DFK 41au02.as and, like many on this forum, I am learning how to use this nice little camera. I am having an issue and don't yet understand the root cause.

Here's what's happening. I've taken several good pictures of Saturn. Most of the time I get a reasonable clear image but often I get a stripe pattern or banding pattern across the planet. Today I was trying to image the sun and I saw an orange ball, as expected, but it had zebra like stripes. I tried different settings and was not able to determine what causes this pattern.

I am using the image software that came with the camera. This issue shows itself on more than one telescope.

Am I alone on this one????

Thanks Jim

you saw those patterns in the live image? or the stacked processed shot?