PDA

View Full Version : using 2 DFG/USB converter

sdecorme
May 29, 2008, 14:45:49
Hi
I would like to know if it is possible to use 2 DFG/USB converter in the smae laptop and how can I switch one video to another . I use c# in visual studio 2005 .

Stefan Geissler
May 29, 2008, 15:09:11
Hi

You can connect two converters to one USB controller in the same laptop, but I am not sure, whether there is enough bandwidth to show two live video streams.

The converters will have different names like
DFG/USB2-lt
DFG/USB2-lt 1

and you can also differ between them using their serial numbers.

If you use one IC Imaging Control on your form, you can select the devices by a call to
iCImagingControl1.Device="DFG/USB2-lt";
do somethign....

change the device:
iCImagingControl1.Device="DFG/USB2-lt 1";

I hope, this gives you an idea.

sdecorme
June 4, 2008, 07:56:12
Now it's working but I've to put the converter not on the same usb/chip concentrator.

sdecorme
July 23, 2008, 13:17:40
Back again to compress in mpeg2 on the fly I will use leadtools sdk it work fine with my DFG/USB. But now the 2 DFG have the same name in the system properties even if I reinstall the driver on I invert the connection I have the time the same problems
Any ideas to desinstall completely the drivers ?

Stefan Geissler
July 23, 2008, 15:55:33
I guess, you mean the two converters are listed in the leadtools sdk with the same name, not in IC, correct? In this case, you may ask the leadtools support how to differ between two identical devices in their SDK. I am very sorry for not having a better answer.

sdecorme
July 23, 2008, 16:28:43
No they have the same name in the system properties in windows even if I desinstall everything all the time they have the same name I can make difference with serial number in the properties of them.

Stefan Geissler
July 24, 2008, 10:04:45
Hello,

Using the serial number for differing between the devices is a very good idea.

sdecorme
July 25, 2008, 07:11:40
But the sdk cannot have this option . Do you know a way to rename manually the "dfg/USB-lt" to "dfg/usb-lt 1" ?

Stefan Geissler
July 25, 2008, 13:02:19
No, no way for renaming. If the leadtools SDK is not able to handle two devices, then there is a problem in the SDK. Ask the leadtools support about this, otherwise you may consider to use another SDK. I am sorry for not having a better answer.

sdecorme
July 25, 2008, 13:29:19
The sdk get the 2 devices with a number in getting in the list of all my acquisition system, for example
the first dfg is called with AxltmmCaptureCtrl1.VideoDevices.Selection = 2;
the second is called with AxltmmCaptureCtrl2.VideoDevices.Selection = 3;
but another PC the list can not be in the same order so it is not a good way
the another is with the name
AxltmmCaptureCtrl1.VideoDevices.Selection = AxltmmCaptureCtrl1.VideoDevices.Find("DFG / USB2 - lt");

This is a good option like your sdk but the dfg have the same name
See my mail to your support address I send you a printscreen of my config

gary24seven
July 29, 2008, 01:55:41
Sorry for being in this post.
I really wanted to start a new post, but did not see any way or icon to start a new thread.

My computer has several usb ports.
I have four USB/Video converters connected.
I can ONLY get access or have visibility to two of the four.

Any suggestions.

My overall goal is to input four videos (640 x 480).
Shrink them to four videos (320 x 240)
Merge them into one video (640 x 480)
Output the one video to an avi file.

Stefan Geissler
July 29, 2008, 08:31:36
Gary,

I also answered by email to you. May be some other users have a solution too?

(Also there is a button "NEW" with smaller text "thread" shown above the list of threads.)