PDA

View Full Version : Long Time Exposure with IC Capture.AS

cmjub
May 11, 2008, 18:27:25
Now, I have my new DFK31AU03.AS and I'm fighting for 2 days (and nights) with IC Capture.AS (and the helpfile!!!).

I have used till now: TOUcam with giotto to make AVI

My first problem: which codes should I use (color), so Registax and other SW can read the AVI.

The main reason for the camera are the "60 minutes" for Long Time Exposure and so I have two questions:

1. What are the settings to snap and save a "2-minutes-image". (f.e.: in the blog, Axel Canicio takes 15 frames at 10 seconds, 20 frames at 30 seconds, 20 frames at 60 seconds, 25 frames at 120 seconds. - How???

2. With which software such 4 pictures are then continued to work to a summary

Thanks
...jub

Stefan Geissler
May 11, 2008, 18:47:08
Hi

For AVI capture and Registax processing there are many posts in the forum. I also created a small tutorial :

ftp://tis_ftp:Imaging199@ftp.theimagingsource.com/Imaging/101abc/astronomycapture.pdf

If you want to automatically capture 2minutes exposed images, then set the exposure time to 2 minutes first. Then have a look into the "Automated Image Sequence". In there, set the timer intervall to 0, then each incoming image will be saved automatically.

cmjub
May 31, 2008, 10:34:19
Hi Stefan,

yesterday I have tested my camera with IC Capture at the saturn, with Y800 uncompressed.

But in Registax, my saturn ist b/w. I used:

Colour (debayered)
Use Debayer GB

What is my Error ???

Thanks
...jub

Stefan Geissler
June 2, 2008, 09:04:35
Jub,

I am very sorry, but you lost the color informatiom. If you enable the debayering in IC Capture, then you receive colored images. If you set the video format in the AVI capture back to Y800, then the previously colored image will be converted to gray scale, not to raw data.