PDA

View Full Version : DMK31AU03.AS not working?

riverpoet
April 27, 2008, 19:39:24
Hi,

I just got a new DMK31AU03.AS USB camera and cannot get it to work.
On my laptop, Windows XP detects the camera but cannot install drivers. The installation CD (Install Camera Driver > USB) says "The Wizard did not find any supported devices).

On Windows XP running as a virtual machine inside iMac, the camera was also detected just fine and I even managed to install the drivers. But when starting IC Capture.AS, the software says it doesn't receive any video from the camera. But it does detect it, even the serial number.

Both systems definitely have USB2.0 - Lumenera camera works just fine on both.
I also tried another USB cable, the one that works fine with my Lumenera. No luck.

Any suggestions or is this a faulty camera?

Thanks
Peter

oldfield
April 28, 2008, 06:24:31
Try to install the driver manually, but remember don't choose a driver for USB device, instead, choose one under Video device and it will work.

Stefan Geissler
April 28, 2008, 09:41:45
Peter,

If the camera is detected, but shortly after this the Windows balloon tooltip shows "Unknown device", then the camera got not enough power. It need the full 500mA at 5V. If this is the issue, then only a USB hub with power supply can fix the problem.

If your USB 2.0 port is not a USB 2.0 High Speed but Full Speed, then the camera will not run too. In this case an extra USB board will fix the problem.

riverpoet
April 28, 2008, 10:49:27
Thanks guys!

I tried manually installing the "TIS UVC device" driver on my laptop and now the camera works (live image also works).

But it still doesn't work on my iMac inside a Windows virtual machine: "The device DMx 31AU93.AS is in live mode, but does not seem to deliver images." I guess I'll have to use a real Windows computer for capturing.

Laurent
April 28, 2008, 20:17:47
Hi Peter,

I got this message "The device DMx 31AU93.AS is in live mode, but does not seem to deliver images." I decreased the images/second number from 30 to 15 and that worked (slow computer).

Laurent

Stefan Geissler
April 29, 2008, 09:47:44
Laurent,

You may achive the 30 fps if you assemble an second USB 2.0 controller in your camera. My AMD 1.4 GHz is slow too, but I achieve nearly 30 fps on it.

Laurent
April 29, 2008, 19:44:42
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your message. I now have a faster computer and I get now 30 fps without problem. Except that sometimes a frame happens to be lost. I noticed this when I analyzed movies of some motions with students in the classroom (sometimes the motion between two frames is nearly twice the motion between other successive frames).

I have to capture the video with IC Capture.AS because I don't know how I can do with the program for the classroom (Atelier scientifique/Cinéris by Jeulin). My DMK is not listed as available source. If I remember well what I have read somewhere else in this forum, it is because the DMK is not a webcam. Is this right or is there something I can do?

Finally just for curiosity, is it really possible for me to "assemble an second USB 2.0 controller in your camera"? What should I have to do?

Laurent

Stefan Geissler
April 30, 2008, 14:29:36
Laurent,

Finally just for curiosity, is it really possible for me to "assemble an second USB 2.0 controller in your camera"? What should I have to do?

I see, i am growing older.... :-) I meant "computer" instead of "camera".

Laurent
May 4, 2008, 23:50:56
Thanks Stephan for the precision. I would have guessed if I could have figured why a second USB controller in the could be faster than the first one (USB 2 too).

Laurent