PDA

View Full Version : IC Imaging Control Class Library Users Guide

teiz
April 23, 2008, 20:29:43
Hi,

well, i´m doing the final proyect in the university using a ccd camera (sorry, i´m spanish and my english is not very well). I´m following the IC Imaging Control Class Library Users Guide and I have done correctly "First Steps VC6". The next step is Dialog Application Wizard and it says that I have to start Visual Studio 2003 as usual. Here I have the first problem, I´ve installed Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 (On the system requirements shows Microsoft™ Visual C++™ 6), so, this package is the correct?? Because in this point puts:

"As soon as the Start Page is shown, click on the New Project button. Otherwise, select File -> New -> Project from Visual Studio's menu"

And I don't know how to do this, with Visual C++ I can't do this step...

The other problem that I have is that I dont know how I can play a image, I mean, not a video or some images, a single image. With Application Wizard I can do this???

Thank you!!!

Teiz

Stefan Geissler
April 24, 2008, 08:33:06
Hello Teiz,

You can create an own project in VC6 as in VS 2003 or higher.

At least you may open some of the VC6 samples first and have a look on them. The are in the "samples\VC6" directory of your IC installation path.

The main task is to add the pathes to the IC header and library files.

If you enhance the "stdafx.h" as follows, then you do not need to include the libraries explicitly:

// Define the pass to the libraries. The compiler will automatically link the correct
// IC Imaging Control libs to the project. It is not necessary to specify VC6,VC7.1 or VC 8 any more.
#define UDSHL_LIB_BASEDIR "c:/Program Files/The Imaging Source Europe GmbH/IC Imaging Control 3.0/classlib/"
#include "tisudshl.h" // IC Imaging Control Class Library

In the C++ settings you only need to add the path to the "classlib/include" directory of IC.

(I guess "Program Files" is localized in Spanish language.)

teiz
April 24, 2008, 12:30:42
Thank you, but with VC6 how I can open a new project like the Guide shows, I mean, I guess I can't access to the application wizard.

Teiz

Stefan Geissler
April 24, 2008, 17:44:34
Teiz,

for VC6 there are no wizards. For VC6 users, we created an extra section in the user's guide. Please see the online version here:
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/documentation/class/FirstSteps_VC6.htm

It is also in your local version of the help file.