PDA

View Full Version : System.Drawing.Bitmap 2 TIS.Imaging.ImageBuffer

Abott
April 10, 2008, 22:03:55
Hello,

I'm creating simple application in Visual Basic 7 in which I use ImagingControl3.dll library to cope with to FW ImagingSource Cameras. I have no problems with runnig Live stream and taking photos from them. In first step I take several photos and save them as *.bmp files to my hdd. Afterwards I would like to make some Image Processing on those files, but unfortunatelly I find no solution for writing standard system bitmap type to ImageBuffer from TIS library, in which I could access to each RGB value for futher modification...
Please let me know if there is any method for such conversion?
Best regards
Jan

Stefan Geissler
April 11, 2008, 07:40:37
Jan,

the Bitmap property is readonly only. The only way you you transform this bitmap into an IC imagebuffer is copying byte by byte.

(This has some internal reasons. sorry for this)

Abott
April 23, 2008, 13:27:31
Hi Stefan,
I tried to copy from one format to another, but unfortuantelly without any success, so I decided to look for some info about Image Processing on system.Bitmap and I found very interesting website http://www.bobpowell.net/
maybe someone will have similar problem to mine and may use it as I did in my app.

I don't want to start new thred, but one more thing I'd like You to ask. Is there any way to control list of devices in ShowDeviceSettingsDialog(); ?? I have two cameras and they crash my application every time I choose for both IcImageControl the same device by mistake. If I choose one camera already for my IcImageControl I wish it wouldn't be displayed in the list while choosing second device for another IcImageControl! Any help on this one ??

Best regards
Jan

Stefan Geissler
April 23, 2008, 14:18:53
Hi Jan,

Thank you very much for the link

To your question:
No, the number of devices shown in the ShowDeviceSettingsDialog() can not be controlled. The only way doing this, is enhancen the "Making Device Settings" sample (see "samples" directory of your IC installation). This sample shows how to create the dialog box on your own.

Abott
April 24, 2008, 11:03:20
Hi Stefan,
thanks for the answer, well it seems as I need to make this dialog on my own anyway, ... ok let's get to work :)
greets