PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I purchase IC Capture??

Fox
March 23, 2008, 16:31:58
Hi all....

A month ago, I purchased a 2nd hand DMK 21AU04 unit online along with about a 1/2 dozen others of us that belong to a rather large online astronomy community. Upon receipt of the item, it had no software. We were all aware this was going to be the case...so I emailed image source support and told them I had a second hand unit w/o software and was given a response along the lines of "no problem...just send us the S/N of the unit and we'll send you a license key. So we did just that and I got a response "Sorry, but your DMK was reported as "lost in transit" and we'll have to charge you full price for the software" I must say, the support fellas attitude definately changed from eager to help mode to hmm...your a suspicious character mode lol. I replied that I understood having to pay the full price. He said he'd get back to me with the price.
Its now been 2 weeks and haven't gotten a reply...and my several emails over the 2 weeks are now being ignored with no responses whatsoever. I'm trying to understand it from their side...that "mabey this character stole it" or whatever, but I'd be happy to provide a receipt from where I got it.
I already have the cam up and running using the TWAIN driver with irfanview capture but I'm trying to do the honest thing though I still think I did nothing but purchase a product in good conscience and some of us are very dissappointed at our treatment :(

Sincerely
F. Keri

akjudge
March 24, 2008, 14:03:45
I also agree with Fox. It seems to me that there should be a way to economically purchase the IC software. Even if the camera was "lost in shipping", insurance should have covered the loss, meaning ImagingSource should not be out any money besides their profit margin.

Providing the software seems like a good business practice, since most customers who purchase the entry level camera (DMK 21AU04) would most probably upgrade to a better camera in the future, PROVIDED that their experience with Customer Service was good.

Getting a bad reputation for Customer Service in the astronomy groups can certainly put a damper on future sales. One just has to google Meade forums to realize this.

Customers who legally purchase ImagingSource cameras, whether "lost in shipping" or not, should be treated just like any other valued long-term customer.

Jim

Stefan Geissler
March 26, 2008, 12:07:19
Sorry, the responsible persons in the US are on holidays this week, I can not reach them.

profjohn
March 27, 2008, 13:26:35
Dear Fox,
On the 19th of this month we both agreed you would purchase the IC Capture software and unfortunately the attachment did not make it through. Additionally, I have responded positively and with the same company policy to all emails inquiries regarding the "lost" cameras issues. Sorry for the delay but the quote has been forwarded by the office manager in Charlotte. Please email me directly if this quote does not reach you. We at The Imaging Source attempt to provide unparalleled customer service and will be more than happy to support you in any way possible in the future!
profjohn

Stefan Geissler
March 27, 2008, 13:26:49
Dear Fox,

you got two quotes on 3-25-2008 , and on 03-21-2008. The quote numbers are 08032501 and 08032101. May be these mail have been filtered by your spam filter? You also answered to our mails on 02-19-2008 "Fair enough. Thanks!". Thus you got some emails from us.

If there are any more questions, please feel free to call our US-Office.