PDA

View Full Version : FrameHandlerSink while streaming AVI to disk?

ParagPA
March 20, 2008, 20:11:45
Hello,
I currently have a working application that uses a FrameHandlerSink to give me access to frame buffer data via a callback. I'd like to extend this to also support simultaneously streaming video to an AVI file on disk via a MediaStreamSink.

I'm new to the libraries, but believe that there can be only one sink at a time? If so, is there a good approach that would allow me to capture/process frames via a FrameHandler, while also dumping an AVI to disk?

Thanks,
Parag

ParagPA
March 20, 2008, 21:01:48
I've been poking around more.. Is the right thing to do to use a MediaStreamSink instead of a FrameHandlerSink, then write my own filter to do what I want (mainly, copy image data out occasionally to a separate store where it can be processed asynchronously by a different thread)?

Thanks,
Parag

Stefan Geissler
March 25, 2008, 09:16:34
Parag,

You can either use a frame handler sink or a media stream sink. But you can not use both together.

But you can use the media stream sink for avi capture and a frame filter for image processing. This is shown in the "Image and AVI Capture sample at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/library/cpp/section/image-aquisition/example/image-and-avi-capture/ .