PDA

View Full Version : CMVSmartControl

Unregistered
February 20, 2008, 13:24:57
Dear Support-Team,

unfortunately I'm unable to locate the CMVSmartControl ActiveX Control during Application development as described in the manual.
There are only CMVProjectFile and CMVVMRWrapper Object selectable.
What went wrong? A re-installation didn't solve the Problem. Please help!

Best reagards
Oliver

Marc Cymontkowski
February 20, 2008, 15:05:26
Hi Oliver,

What's your development language?

Best Regards,

Marc

Oliver.S
February 21, 2008, 15:13:55
Thanx for the quick reply!

My development Language is C++; I'm using Visual C++.
I was able to solve the Problem myself: the ActiveX Control was listed as MVSmartControl and not as CMVSmartControl as described.
After fixing that, a new Problem occured: when trying to load a Graph via

IMVSCFilterGraphPtr graph;
graph = m_controlVideo.GetControlUnknown();

(lend from "how to integrate into custom app" and doing all the importing stuff befor that command), I get nothing but a NULL-Pointer and consequently I'm unable lo load/start any graph-configurations.
I would be glad if you could help me out.

By the way, are there any plans, including a kind of "Media-Application-Wizard" to develop and customize MediaPlayers within further MontiVision SDK versions? In addition, up to now, there seems to be no VisualxxxExpress2008 (xxxStudio9) support. Will more recent versions of MV SDK do that?

Thank you for your assistance and best Regards

Oliver

Marc Cymontkowski
February 21, 2008, 16:49:11
Hi Oliver,

It seems that you Smart Control is not created. Are you sure you followed every step described in Using the MontiVision Smart ActiveX Control with Visual C++ 2002-2005 (http://www.montivision.com/support/documentation/noframes/source/smart%20control/use_smartcontrol_visualc++70.htm)?

It is not yet sure whether there will be a "Media-Application-Wizard" in a future version of the SDK. Regarding the Visual Studio Version - you can use our SDK in every version, it is just that the installer does not automatically add the required paths to newer version of Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Marc

Oliver.S
February 22, 2008, 10:50:53
I followed all steps exactly as described in the help file came along with the SDK3.1. Currently I use Visual C++6.0, so the C++2002-2005 help guide is not appropriate for me.
I did:

-MFC App with ActiveX Contol
-add MVSmartControl to the Project (CMVSmartControl doesn't exist- but this couldn't be the issue?)
-Dialog with the MVSmart Control Object
-add member variable throu the class wizard
-importing and inizialisation stuff just like the event handling, all whithin the Dialog source file.

I get no errors or warnings during the compilation and execution but nothing happens after opening the dialog because of the IMVSCFilterGraphPtr NULL-pointer.
Can you explain more explicit how Smart Control couldn't be created although MVSmartControl has been added and how i can possibly solve the problem? I'm not quite firm wirm with ActiveX controlling.

Again thanks and best regards

Oliver

Bernd Peretzke
February 22, 2008, 11:46:15
Hi Oliver,

When did you call
"IMVSCFilterGraphPtr graph;
graph = m_controlVideo.GetControlUnknown();"?

You can use the control interfaces only afther the control was created. Normaly it was created within the DoDataExchange() method. In a normal dialog based app you can use the interfaces in the OnInitDialog() method after the CDialog::OnInitDialog() call.

Regards
Bernd

Oliver.S
February 22, 2008, 12:31:45
Calling in the DoDataExchange()- Methode got it work just fine!
Thank you for the assistance.

Best regards

Oliver