PDA

View Full Version : axMVSmartControl problems

Unregistered
January 22, 2008, 17:41:53
I am having a problem getting video to display in the axMVSmartControl. I can run the graph in the workbench and it shows the video in the renderer just fine. But when I load the graph using the Active X control, I'm not able to see any video. There is only one video renderer in my graph.

Is there a property I am forgetting to set?

Marc Cymontkowski
January 22, 2008, 20:27:03
Hi,

Do you do any error handling, does the Load succeed? Also the Start command?

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

VikingSooner
January 22, 2008, 20:41:42
Hi,

Do you do any error handling, does the Load succeed? Also the Start command?

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

Yes. Load and start succeed. I have also wired up an event catch the control's logs. The only log entry I get is "Filter graph started". I am also checking the network source filter and its getting to the "Receive media stream data packets" phase. I am using LoadConfigFromString to load the filter graph.

Marc Cymontkowski
January 22, 2008, 20:50:15
Maybe another unexpected filter is inserted in the graph which causes these issues? Did you try to connect to the remote graph from within the Workbench when the sample application runs? You can use the "Connect Filter Graph" button on the Workbench toolbar.

VikingSooner
January 22, 2008, 20:55:01
Yes. I have the server running as a service. I can run the graph in the workbench tool and connect to the server and see my video feed. But when I export it to C#, load it in using LoadConfigFromString, and start the graph, the smart control does not display any video.

If it helps any, I am doing my coding in C# .NET 2.0

Marc Cymontkowski
January 22, 2008, 21:10:55
No, that's not what i mean. Please run your receiver and let it run. Then open the Workbench and on the toolbar choose "Connect Filter Graph". Select the item in the list and hit the OK button. The actual filter graphed being used in your application will be drawn (remotely connect through the COM running object table).

VikingSooner
January 22, 2008, 21:19:34
Hmmmmmm. When I do that, I see all my reciever's filters but none of them are connected.

Why is that?

I notice every time I save my reciever's mvp file and then open it up later, I have to reconnect all the filters. Am I doing something wrong?

Marc Cymontkowski
January 22, 2008, 21:28:15
I could imagine that the network source is not initialized by a media type when the graph is build so the connection fails. You should handle the Smart Controls OnFilterCreated event and when it is called for the network source, you can set the network connection details (if required) and then wait a while until the filter reports that it received a valid media type.

E.g. with a one second time out:

for(int i=0; i<10; i++)
{
Check Status
Sleep(100);
}

After that was successful, the network filter should connect ok.

This is similiar to the way the IPCameraSource samples handle the MV IP Camera Source filter.

VikingSooner
January 22, 2008, 21:58:46
That worked. Thanks a lot! I love your guys library. It has saved me a ton of time coding.

Marc Cymontkowski
January 22, 2008, 22:03:27
I am glad it works now and thanks for the compliments!