PDA

View Full Version : when capture device expired?

WK Ho
January 2, 2008, 15:12:53
Dear Sir

I have incorporate your IC 3.0 into my application codes which making up by many DLL. When I first entering the dialog DLL that contains the the IC Imaging I initialise the device and play the image with startLive() without any problem. I execute suspendLive() before leaving that particular dialog DLL [but that DLL is still alive in the application's memory space.] After some operation I enter the dialog DLL that contain IC 3.0 is Gone.

When I suspend the Live I got this:
The thread 0xE24 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xE30 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

When I temporily leave the DLL I get this ,essage:
The thread 0xE9C has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xDE4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x884 has exited with code -2147024637 (0x80070103).
The thread 0xE18 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xDC8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xDAC has exited with code 0 (0x0).

When I re-enter the DLL the getDev telling me there is none. I need to re-do all the initialisation again in order to display live again. Which take a long time
to re-establish

Can you tell me how to keep the device alive through out my application's life time? Best with some example code as I am new to this and the IC 3.0 is rather complex with more examples it could cut down the learning curve to the user.

I am using VC 6.0.

In addition, could you tell me what does this message means:
c:\csource\ic30\core\dshowlib\filtergraph.cpp(301) : Graph returned S_FALSE, so not yet started ...
I would get it whenever I run startLive().

WK

Stefan Geissler
January 2, 2008, 15:36:40
Hi WK,

Without the source code of your DLL I can only guess. You may send it to support@imagingcontrol.com and I could have a look on it.

WK Ho
January 2, 2008, 16:01:30
Hi there

I would tailor the code and try to send you later . However, could you make an educated guess for now. Or suggest a way to do it?

Thanks
WK

Stefan Geissler
January 2, 2008, 16:41:49
Hi WK,

You must be sure, that you do not unload the IC Imaging Control DLLs in any case. It would be a nice idea to make the DShowLib::Grabber as DLL global function. Then this would exist until the DLL is unloaded by your application.

WK Ho
January 2, 2008, 18:42:11
Hi
Could you give an example on how to do that?
I try a few tricks without compiling error but when try to kck it in from an application it just hangs.

WK

WK Ho
January 2, 2008, 18:48:22
Hi

In any case I didn't explicitly unload the IC Images DLL. However, it seems the messages that the threads exit are generated from the IC 3.0 as before I adding in IC 3.0's codes they don't come out when I going in and out my own DLL.

WK

WK Ho
January 2, 2008, 18:49:30
By the way, I have send in the code file to your support@...

Stefan Geissler
January 3, 2008, 09:47:58
Hi,

I still work on your issue....