PDA

View Full Version : IcImagingControl minor version trouble

elha
December 17, 2007, 20:27:57
Wrote a C# application for Net2.0. Developer PC has IcImagingControl V3.1.4. installed.
Bought a TIS FW camera. Installed delivered IcImagingControl V3.1.5 on customer PC with delivered lizence key...
Copied application to customer PC. At app start an error message with a hint to the application assembly and the control assembly was shown (sorry, didn't notice the message), means the app couldn't run and asked for phoning home to Bill.
Deinstalled V3.1.5 and installed V3.1.4, and oops - app runs well.
What must I do to avoid this error when a control with other minor version number is installed?
Why the V3.1.4 control never asked for a lizense key? Is it now a trial version or not?

Stefan Geissler
December 18, 2007, 08:44:16
First of all, version 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 are nearly the same. Only the VDA file for the USB camera is new.

Second: The .NET component 3.0.n needs the Activex of IC Imaging Control to be installed correctly.

Third: Without the error message, I would end up in guessing.

Why the V3.1.4 control never asked for a lizense key? Is it now a trial version or not?
Edit/Delete Message
Good question. Seems so, if the setup does not ask for a license key.

If you want to continue in German language, you may call me or send an email to support@imagingcontrol.com