PDA

View Full Version : Listing cameras of same type

Heiko Wilkens
December 8, 2007, 22:35:07
I use several TIS cameras for testing my VB.net application but all of these cameras are different type (DMK, DFK...) so I am wondering how cameras of the same type will be identified.

Since a camera is opened by assigning it's name to IcImagingControl.Device:
How are cameras of identical types listed in IcImagingControl.Devices?

Heiko

Stefan Geissler
December 10, 2007, 09:22:24
Heiko,

If there are more camera of the same type are connected to the computer, then IC Imaging Control will an a running number. You can not rely on this number, because the sequence of numbering depends on the sequence the cameras are detected by the computer. Thus it is a good idea to use the serial number of the camera and create an unique name containing the camera's name and its serial number.
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/documentation/dotnet/Device.htm

Opening a device using the serial number would be running through all available devices and find the wanted serial number. This could be done in order to identify a right and left camera of a stereo vision.

If you need help for this task, please let me know. (Also the preferred programming language to avoid double work for me :-) )

Heiko Wilkens
December 10, 2007, 22:01:57
Thank You, Stefan.

I have some additional questions:

1) The IC documentation states that it is not possible to get the sensor Bayer pattern of a color/bayer camera . Is that true?

2) I do currently walk through the available video formats and read height and width to get the sensor size of a camera. Is there a simple way to get the size of the sensor used in a camera?

Best
Heiko

Stefan Geissler
December 11, 2007, 09:03:09
H,

1) The IC documentation states that it is not possible to get the sensor Bayer pattern of a color/bayer camera . Is that true?
Yes. You must try the possible patterns until the image looks natural.

2) I do currently walk through the available video formats and read height and width to get the sensor size of a camera. Is there a simple way to get the size of the sensor used in a camera?
No. This is, because the cameras do not have such properties. You can only check the available video formats.