PDA

View Full Version : MS Visual C# 2008 Express Edition

dwsubc
December 8, 2007, 15:29:51
Hi,

I just installed the subject software on my desktop (XP Home SP2) and laptop (Vista Business). I kept C# v2005 on both machines.

When I try to drag an ICImagingControl from the toolbox onto a form in v2008 under Vista, I get the error attached. It works OK on the v2005 Vista version and both versions under XP.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Dave

Stefan Geissler
December 10, 2007, 09:25:15
Dave,

No, I do not know, what the error means. I have no experiences with C# 2008. I would have to test this on my own.

Stefan Geissler
December 11, 2007, 10:15:01
Dave

I have tested this issue with Windows Vista and found exactly the same problem in Windows Vista. But it works fine in Windows XP.

dwsubc
December 11, 2007, 14:52:47
Stefan,

Here are some more clues that might help you. I develop my software on my desktop and then copy the bin\debug folder onto my laptop and run the software from there. This used to work fine under C# 2005 Express.

I can still do this under C# 2008 Express for simple Windows forms. However, when I add an ICImagingControl to the form, I get an error message when I try to run the software on my laptop. Windows says it will check for a solution but it never comes back with anything.

C# 2008 needs .NET v3.5 so maybe the IC control is not compatible with this version in Vista?

Dave

Stefan Geissler
December 11, 2007, 15:18:21
Dave,

I think you are right, there is something new. We are not the only ones having this problem. But IC Imaging Control 3.1 .NET component has no problems, neither in XP nor in Vista with VS 2008. We hope to release it within the next months.