PDA

View Full Version : No Capture Device Found

charan
November 28, 2007, 00:38:35
Hi,
I am using Sony Digital HD Videocassette recorder HVR-1500 with ImagingControl3.0 and Visual Basic 6. However, I am not able to detect the above device. Does anyone have any clue on this ...
________
vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

Stefan Geissler
November 28, 2007, 09:23:51
Hi,

IC Imaging Control TIS (standard) is able to open The Imaging Source video capture devices only. This software is provided with The Imaging Source video capture devices free of charge. IC Imaging Control professional is able to open all video capture devices driven by a WDM stream class driver. The pre-compiled samples that are delivered with IC Imaging Control standard have been compiled with IC Imaging Control professional, therefore the precompiled samples can open all devices, while applications compiled with the standard version cannot. If you want to open any WDM stream class driver driven video capture devices, you need to purchase IC Imaging Control professional.

IC Imaging Control Trial is like the professional version able to open nearly all WDM video capture devices too.

charan
November 28, 2007, 15:46:58
Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the post. However, I am still confused, let me be first clear.
I have a "Sony HVR-1500 HVR1500 HDV/DVCAM VTR VCR Players & Recorders" and I have downloaded the trial version of ImagingControl 3.0 from the website and I have put some Visual Basic 6 code together to access the tape in the sony instrument. I am not able to view the video inorder to capture the images.

Correct me if I am wrong, based on your post does it indicate that I cannot view the video.

Thanks
________
Yamaha DS7 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_DS7)

Stefan Geissler
November 29, 2007, 10:11:26
Hi Charan,

Is this the same case I already answered through email? You sent me some images showing the video format list of the "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR".

I wrote following:
IC Imaging Control lists all video formats, that are provided by the camera's driver. In your case, it is the "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" driver. Usually drivers will ask the devices about the supported video formats and create the list of the video formats. If the HD format is not listed, then it is simply not supported by the driver or by the device. The solution is asking Sony for a matching WDM driver. Also may be Microsoft offers a new driver. I am not able to test this, because we have no HD video device for these purposes.

IC Imaging Control is completely hardware independent and uses the properties and formats provided by the drivers and video capture devices.

I am very sorry for not giving you a better hint.

My last conclusion is that the "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" driver is not compatible to your camera. What do you think?