PDA

View Full Version : simple application

Daniel983
November 16, 2007, 12:40:32
Hi!
I'm very new to IC image control:confused:: I've started working with it four days ago.
I need of any links or example program to start build a simple Win32 console application under VC6.
I've seen the samples given with software but for now I'm not able to compile it.:confused::confused:
In more I wuld like have any suggest to develope an application for this goal:
using two cameras track the position of a micro helicopter (18 cm) in a static background.:confused::confused::confused:

Help me please.:eek:

Thanks!!;)

Stefan Geissler
November 16, 2007, 13:46:04
Hi Daniel

If you are not able to compile the IC Imaging Control VC6 samples, then there should be some kind of error message. If it is the "DShow.h" stuff, then you would need the DirectShow SDK from Microsoft. Please keep in mind, that VC6 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

If there are other problems, please let me now the error messages.

Daniel983
November 16, 2007, 16:25:28
Thank you Stefan for your assistance.

I've installed the DirectShow SDK from Microsoft.
I'm able to compile any Samples of the IC image control, but others no.
For example the Callback Samples generate this error:

'sprintf_instead_use_StringCbPrintfA_or_StringCchP rintfA' : undeclared identifier

The version of my SDK is one of the least.

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
November 16, 2007, 16:37:21
Daniel,

Using newer DirectShow SDKs in VC 6 leads to errors. Can be solved with define with:

#define NO_DSHOW_STRSAFE

Simply add this on top of your source or in the stdafx.h

Daniel983
November 16, 2007, 16:41:56
Sorry but

#define NO_DSHOW_STRSAFE

doesn't solve the problem:(

Stefan Geissler
November 16, 2007, 16:47:42
The error message you receive is caused because the new SDK verion should be safer. Thus if ou use the known "sprintf", the compiler suggests to use the "sprintf" versions, that also receives the size of the buffer where to write in.
With the
#define NO_DSHOW_STRSAFE
these warnings are disabled. Thus this define must be somewhere very on top of the source. Especially before the tisudshl.h is included.

If this does not work, then please send a email to support@imagingcontrol.com. I have an older version of the DirectX SDK.

Just an addition: We are not allowed to provide the DirectX SDK on our CD ROMs.

Daniel983
November 16, 2007, 17:01:36
Ok!

Now one more it works (callback samples). For the others I'll see what I can do now that I've understand the problem.

Thank you very much!;)