PDA

View Full Version : DMK 41AF02.AS -- after plug in nothing happens

bocca
November 5, 2007, 19:59:43
I am just trying to get my new DMK 41AF02.AS working on my laptop.
I am using the following configuration:
* PCMCIA to Fire Wire Adapter (Delock) (without power supply)
* Belkin 6 port FireWire Hub with 12V/1,5A power supply (supports bus powered mode)
* Windows XP SP4

When I plug in my PCMCIA card it is detected by the system, but if I connect the camera -- nothing happens.

If I try to install the IC WDM DCAM TIS driver manually. I get a message that the camera is not connected.

Does anybody has an idea what could be wrong ?

Regards,
Kay

bocca
November 5, 2007, 23:14:08
Hi,
I found out that the sequence how to connect Camera and HUB with the PC is important.
The following sequence works:
1. Plug in the PCMCIA FireWire card
2. Connect the FireWire HUB to the Power Supply
3. Connect the Camera and the HUB
4. Connect HUB and PCMCIA Firewire Card.

It is not possible to detach and reconnect the camera and the HUB. After detaching the camera from the HUB the camera will not be regognized by the PC.

Detaching and reconnecting the HUB and the PC (with connected camera) works without problems.

Probably this hints helps someone.

bmcqueen
November 6, 2007, 15:02:56
Hi, I was having the same problem with this camera, does this mean that I have to use a powered firewire hub then, for the camera to be recognised ?

Sorry, but I'm new to this !!

Barry :confused::confused:

Stefan Geissler
November 6, 2007, 15:08:24
Usualy Laptops do not provide power through FireWire. Thus an external power supply is needed for the camera. Please refer to following document that shows how to connect FireWire cameras to different computer types:

http://www.theimagingsource.com/en/resources/whitepapers/download/fwacccamswopsuwp.en.pdf

bmcqueen
November 6, 2007, 15:51:23
Ahhh - it all becomes clear !! :cool:

Thanks for that.

Barry

Stefan Geissler
November 6, 2007, 15:52:54
It seems, that I also got an email from you :-)

bocca
November 6, 2007, 20:45:57
Hi,
yes, as Stefan already mentioned it is necessary to use a powered HUB.

But I am suprised that it is important to connect at first step the HUB and the camera and as next step the HUB and the PC. For disconnecting the reverse order is necessary. First disconnect the PC and the HUB and as second step disconnect Camera and HUB.
If you do not disconnect in that order a reconnect will fail.

Probably this is happens only with my BELKIN 6 port FireWire HUB.