View Full Version : Using ShowPropertyDialog() in C#

November 1, 2007, 20:19:04

I am trying to alter gain, exposure, etc using ShowPropertyDialog(). However, it seems to give some weird values (such as negative exposure). I get the same readings when I open the dialog box using the Device>Device Settings>Properties in the ICImagingControl1 properties in C#.

I am using a DMK 21AU04 and the dialog I see is attached.

Thanks for any help,

November 1, 2007, 20:21:22

Here is the dialog I see using IC Capture which seems to work as expected.

Sascha Schmidt
November 2, 2007, 12:00:56
Hallo Dave,

Please try to reinstall your IC Imaging Control, maybe this will solve the problem.

By the way, which date has your installer on the cd?

November 2, 2007, 16:55:30

I reinstalled IC Control but got the same error. I also get the same error when I call ShowDeviceSettingsDialog() and open the Properties box.

When I uncheck the auto setting on the Exposure setting and move the slider, the exposure shows 1/0 sec.

I get the same errors when I build my application on my laptop as well.

The Setup file is dated 16.10.2007 12:00. IC Control shows as version 3.0.5 in the Add/Remove Software dialog in Windows control panel and 3.0.4 in the Product Info file (attached). The ICImagingControl that shows in the C# toolbox is version

Stefan Geissler
November 5, 2007, 12:13:53
Hi Dave,

It seems there is an error in the file "uvc_driver.vda" in your IC Imaging Control installation. Please copy this file from the IC Capture directory into following directories:
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\bin\
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\classlib\debug
C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\classlib\release
C:\Program Files\Common Files\IC Imaging Control3

The last directory is the same in that IC Imaging Control.OCX resides.

November 5, 2007, 12:43:00
Thanks Stefan,
That seems to do the trick. I was starting to write my own dialog and getting nowhere fast so you have saved me a ton of work.

FYI, the original copy of the file was 140kb and dated 9th October 2007 @13:03.

Thanks again