View Full Version : no vedio was found

November 1, 2007, 08:30:35

i am an undergraduate student of ZhongShan Ophthalmic Center in china. i major in ophthalmology. Now i use DMK 21AF04 during experiment. Prof. Schaeffel gave me the software. It is used to measure the refractive state of mice. Yes, maybe you remenber it. because you have mentioned to that you wrote the workplate of the software. The software worked well untill yesterday. unfortunately, it does not run this afternoon. it says:no vedio hardware found. but i can get the image via IC image control. it seems that there is no error from the camera to computer, but the software can't call for the camera. i am confused. i didn't change any properties of the camera.

i'm looking forward to your reply! because the mice must be refracted today and tomorow.

Thank you a million!

Sascha Schmidt
November 1, 2007, 08:52:30
Hallo valentin_0,

Sorry, but I don't get the point on which software you're reference. Do you mean that Stefan wrote the work-plate of the software? Unfortunately he is on holyday, so please explain.

Does the camera works with "IC Capture"?
If yes, please simply try to reinstall your application.

November 1, 2007, 15:11:33
i'm sorry. yes, it is Stefan that wrote the workplate of the software. i have reinstalled my application ,but that's no help. yes, the camera works well with the IC image control. for example: i can get images via sample scroll and zoom and so on. but when my software is running, no vedio hardware was found. but yesterday everything was ok. i just open a word document in my computer last night. i didn't change any properties of my computer. i don't why? because of this, my experiment had to be put off.

i need your help! thank you very much!

i will attached the instructions of my software!

in short, first i should install WDM driver, later direct X, at last my software.

November 1, 2007, 15:55:49
but right now i can run my software in the computer of my friend. i reinstall the WDM driver, IC image control and my software. that's still no help. in addition, filter inspector of IC image control also can't finf vedio. in computer of my friend, it works well. other IC image control is ok.

Stefan Geissler
November 5, 2007, 11:20:51
Hi Valentin,

I suppose you have no The Imaging Source cameras, thus the "Augen" software will not recognize theses cameras. It is a licensing issue. What cameras do you use?

November 20, 2007, 11:09:50
i use DMK 21AF04 camera which was baught from Taiwan Imagesource company. i have a liscence key as well. this software woked well previously and one day, it does not ran. but when i installed it in another computer, nothing was wrong. i am confused.

Stefan Geissler
November 20, 2007, 11:26:52

If the camera's driver is installed correctly, then your program should find it in any case. You may have a look into the Windows Device Manager. The camera should be listed in the "Imaging Devices" section. If the camera is listed, you may perform a right mouse click on it and select "Properties" in the context menu. In the properties dialog you click on the "Drivers" tab. The installed driver should be from "The Imaging Source", no Microsoft driver.

If the camera is not listed or listed with an error like "Code 10, the device can not start", then please try to reinstall the The Imaging Source WDM driver and see what happens.

Also it often is a good idea to try another FireWire cable, becase sometimes these cables have a loose contact.