View Full Version : is there anything wrong with my camera (DMk 21AF04)?

October 9, 2007, 06:40:24
I have assembled an IR photorefractor which is used in medical research. According to the instructions for installation, TELI CS8550dif would be the optimal choice. But it can't be aviable from your company then. So i have to use DMK 21AF04 instead. But i found the image by DMK 21AF04 is not as clear as that by TELI. The images will be attached. Besides the resolution of both cameral is 480*640. The suppvisor suggested me changing the gain and gamma of the camera.But that is no help. I Found that if i reduce the image contrast , the difinition of the image is improved. But According to the instructions, i should minimaze the image brightness and maximaze the image contrast because i am operating at the limits of IR sensitivity of fireware camera. The emission peak of my IR LED is 850 nm and i used the 850 IR filter( According to the instructions, 092 IR filter shoud be used).Is there anything wrong with my camera?

Stefan Geissler
October 9, 2007, 14:17:41
Hello Valentin,

i had a look on the images, but I was not able to find significant differences between TELI and DMK. The problem is: The image size is reduced and you use JPG format. Thus the fine differences are lost. You can also see the compression artifacts in the texts and lines. I compared the "TElI_1.jpg" and "DMK 21AF04 with maximum contrast_4.jpg" which seem to show nearly the same type of contents.

The TELI and DMK have the same CCD, thus the images should be the same.

October 9, 2007, 16:21:47
Thank you! But it's easy for me to tell the difference from raw images which are too large to be attached. later i will seperate them into three parts and attached them again.

Stefan Geissler
October 9, 2007, 16:24:04
You may send them to support@imagingcontrol.com
Then there is no size limit...

October 9, 2007, 16:34:46
image part 1:

October 9, 2007, 16:44:15
Ok, i will. Thank you!

October 9, 2007, 16:56:43
hello Stefan,

just now i have send the raw image to support@imagingcontrol.com.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions!

Thank you a million!