PDA

View Full Version : Error s: "Device is Lost" or "does not seem to deliver images"

deepsky
September 29, 2007, 14:05:43
Hi

I am having major problems getting the camera to work at the moment. My setup is:

DMK 21AF04.AS

IC Capture version 2.0.0.426

Toshiba Tecra M2 laptop - 1.5 Ghz, 256mb RAM, Windows XP SP2, Direct X 9c, Geforce FX Go5200 32mb. No firewire port on laptop so firewire via PCMCIA card.

PCMCIA 32bit cardbus (1394A) 400Mbps (card powered externally by 12v power tank - polarity correct). VIA OHCI compliant 1394 drivers.

4 pin firewire on cardbus connected to 6 pin on camera via the powered splitter cable (powered by 12v power tank).

The Device Manager recognises the Imaging Source camera and the Imaging Source drivers are recognised in the Driver Details. When I open IC Capture I get the Select Device dialog which shows the DMK camera and I click OK.

I then usually get one of these messages - either "Device Lost: DMx 21AF04.AS" or "Device is in Live mode, but does not seem to deliver images". Sometimes I also get the error message "Live mode could not be started. Please make sure no other program uses the device and that there is enough bandwidth on your firewire bus available".

Being monochrome only the Y800 option is selectable. I have tried Snap mode and usually get the message that no images are being sent. Occasionally a flickering grey/white image has appeared but then I get the "Device Lost" message shortly after.

The camera seems to be frequently dropped and then reconnected in the Device Manager.

I am not sure whether the camera is faulty or whether it is a Windows connection, power, cardbus issue.

Can anyone help with this ??

Stefan Geissler
October 1, 2007, 08:51:49
Hi,

Your issue sounds for a defective FireWire cable or a defective / incompatible PCMCIA FireWire board. If you have the possibility to check the camera on a desktop computer, then we can exclude the camera from being defective.

I suggest to try a PCMCIA FireWire board with a different chipset, than the current one

deepsky
October 24, 2007, 12:26:09
I have now received a 6 pin to 6 pin firewire cable so that I can connect the camera directly to my desktop PC (AMD 64 3700, 2 Gigs RAM, MSI K8N Neo2 ******board, XPHome SP2, 7900GT 512mb graphics) and test it again. However, the desktop does not even recognise the camera and when I try to install the driver it says that no device has been recognised.

I can only assume now that the camera is faulty and will try to send it back to the dealer.

Stefan Geissler
October 24, 2007, 16:29:44
Hi,

I agree with you. Sorry for the faultry camera. This should not happen. All cameras are checked manually before they are packed. This must be done in order to calibrate the lens mount. Thus I can not say, why your camera is not working.