PDA

View Full Version : IC Capture crashes

mlew
September 26, 2007, 02:50:04
Hello,

I'm using IC capture 2.0 to record video from a DFK 41BF02. However, I would like to record the video in the background, and use my monitor to display other data. However, when I start recording video, encoding in DV format, and minimize IC capture, the program crashes. This happens repeatedly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Sascha Schmidt
September 26, 2007, 11:48:19
Hello,

I have tested it on WindowsXp and it works fine.
So which operating system and which version of IC capture do you use?

mlew
September 26, 2007, 22:47:56
I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 with IC Capture 2.0.0.293.

Below is the Microsoft error signature:
AppName: ic capture.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.293 ModName: debayertransform.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.3 Offset: 00002abd

Thanks!

Update: I just updated to IC Capture 2.0.0.415 and still have the problem:
AppName: ic capture.exe AppVer: 2.0.0.415 ModName: debayertransform.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.3 Offset: 00002abd

Sascha Schmidt
September 27, 2007, 15:02:07
Hi,

Unfortunately I cant reconstruct your problem until yet.
It works fine here, with the same premises...

Please send a email to ImagingControl support: support@imagingcontrol.com

Greg Beers
November 22, 2007, 18:19:39
Hi All,

Has anyone successfully used an 21AF04 firewire camera with a Laptop running Windows XP Tablet SP2? I am having the application crash with the now familiar "Please tell Microsoft about the problem" window popup. My equipment is as follows:

Averatec C3500 Tablet PC
AMD Anthlon 2200+ (1.67GHz)
1GB memory
Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack2
Dynex IEEE 1394 Card Bus DX-FC202 firewire adapter
DirectX 9.0c

All software updates done. The device driver registers the firewire port OK. The Imaging Source Europe GmbH MVx 21AF04.AS imaging device also shows up in the device manager. The IC Capture software sees the camera. It would not install without a connection anyway. I think I am down to the software application being the issue?

I need to add that I have been able to get the camera and IC Capture working on a E-machines desktop just fine (too big to take outside to the telescope though!).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

Stefan Geissler
November 23, 2007, 10:38:57
Hi Greg,

The error dialog has a "detail" link. With it you may can see, in which DLL the error occurred. If it is the "DeBayerTransform.dll", then you may rename this DLL in you "Windows\system32" directory. Then the "BY8" video format will not be transformed to a colored image, but you may can use your camera on the tablet PC.

At least we had often trouble with tablet PCs and never got one to work correctly in the past.