PDA

View Full Version : New Project Advice

padu
September 25, 2007, 20:55:39
Hello,

I have a project to deliver by the end of the year that involves image capture from a DFK21AF04 and some image processing afterwards.

At first, I was going to do it with c# and the .net lib, since it's so easy to use the ICCapture control. Unfortunately, we need ultra-fast processing, and my client has some portability (to linux) issues, so he requests that the project be done in C++.

I have Visual Studio 2005, and just by trying to compile the "VideoNormFormat" sample, I'm running into all sorts of problems. First it says it is not compatible with my compiler, and then now I have to install the directX SDK.

So my question is:

What do I need to start developing using the classlib?

-Is Windows Vista ok?
-Is Visual Studio 2005 ok? If not, what is the recommended version?
-Which version of DirectX SDK? I'm downloading the latest right now (468MB)

I have more fluency on c#, I have to assume that my c++ is a bit rusty, so I'll need your help...

Cheers

Sascha Schmidt
September 26, 2007, 10:21:10
Hi,

For using the class libery with Visual Studio 2005, following things must be installed:

- DirectX9c
- Windows Plattform SDK ( dshow.h)

The Platform SDK can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en

Please add the include and library path to this SDK to your Visual Studio environment or to your project settings.
After adding the SDK to your project, the project must be rebuild.