PDA

View Full Version : Newbie problem: ICImagingControl.LiveStop() throws unhandled exception

willydee
September 7, 2007, 17:40:25
Hello,
being a pure web application developer in the past, I'm a bloody beginner related to Windows Forms and .NET, so please excuse my limited understanding of some probably well-known terms.
I tried to re-create the "Grabbing an Image" example from scratch within SharpDevelop 2.2, and after solving the license issue discussed here before, the application starts as expected, and I'm able to LiveStart() the video preview. But as soon as I call LiveStop(), the application crashes. Inside SharpDevelop, an unhandled exception is thrown complaining about no Just-In-Time debugger being available, when started standalone, the application crashes. Wrapping a try ... catch block around the method call has no effect either.
See the error messages below.

Faulting application ezgrab.exe, version 1.0.2806.27694,
stamp 46e15ecc, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0,
stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x00000000.

Anwendungspopup: Just-In-Time-Debugger von Visual Studio:
Unbehandelte Win32-Ausnahme in ezGrab.exe [3292].
Fehler beim Just-In-Time-Debuggen der Ausnahme:
Für keinen installierten Debugger ist das Just-In-Time-Debuggen aktiviert.
In Visual Studio kann das Just-In-Time über folgenden Menüpfad aktiviert werden:
"Extras -> Optionen -> Debuggen -> Just-In-Time".
Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter "Just-In-Time-Debuggen, Fehler"
im Index der Dokumentation.
Since the example delivered with the IC Image Grabbing software works just fine, I think it might be posssible some things are handled different by SharpDevelop compared to VS. Helpful hints, anyone?

Stefan Geissler
September 10, 2007, 10:29:28
Hello WillyDee,

The crash at livestop is known in Windows Vista using the standard Microsoft driver for DV camcorders. There is a service available at
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/downloads/servicepacks/
that fixes the problem.

willydee
September 10, 2007, 12:55:44
Hmm. I forgot to mention I'm on XP SP2 ... :(

EDIT: nevertheless the service pack solved my problem as well, so it might be related to a software component being available in Windows XP, too. Thanks for the quick help!! :)

Stefan Geissler
September 10, 2007, 17:03:55
Thank you for your feedback!