PDA

View Full Version : Imaging Control 3.0 with other cameras

padu
August 29, 2007, 20:16:03
Hi,

For a project I'm starting, I bought 2 firewire cameras, a TIS DFK21AF04 and a prosilica EC650C. The prosilica has a DCAM api, and I'm using .net (VC2005) as a development platform.

I started converting the DCAM api into .net using p/invoke, but soon realize the amount of work I was getting into before writing 1 line of code towards my computer vision problem.

Then I looked at the IC3.0 .net component, and in less than 1 minute I created a very simple application that display live image on a windows form...

So here's the question: can I use the same IC3.0 components for both my DFK21AF04 and my prosilica EC650C? If yes, I'm in heaven!

Now, can I use both cameras at the same time in the same application?

Sascha Schmidt
August 30, 2007, 13:45:52
Hallo padu,

IC Imaging Control Professional Edition works with all WDM stream class devices.
Also, there is no problem to use 2 different cameras in the same application.

But the IC Imaging Control TIS Edition works only with hardware from The Imaging Source. In dont't know which edition you own...
If your IC Imaging Control was delivered with your DFK21AF04 it is the TIS Edition.

padu
August 30, 2007, 18:53:31
Sasha,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the Imaging Control software was delivered with my camera, but if that's the case, I don't see a problem upgrading it to the pro version. The only question I have is that I don't know if the camera I'm using is a WDM. Under the device manager it shows "Prosilica Digital Cameras" under "Imaging devices (DCAM)".

When I try to run IC Capture 2.0, the camera is not listed.

How could I make sure this camera will work under IC3.0 before I order it?

Sascha Schmidt
August 31, 2007, 14:52:18
Hi,

you can test it with the IC Capture Trial Version. This is a Pro version.