PDA

View Full Version : DBK 41AF02.AS for live image viewing

Gavin Bray
July 31, 2007, 23:03:14
Hello

I'm after a camera for displaying live color images of nebula and galaxies on my computer screen (eg for group viewing). Being able to capture, stack and process these images is a secondary consideration.

I was looking at something like the Mallincam and Stellacam video cameras but wonder whether the DBK 41AF02.AS would be a better option.

The sample images you provide are predominately lunar/planetary. Is this camera for lunar/planetary imaging only or could it work just as well for displaying live images of DSOs?

For example, could I set the exposure time to 10 seconds and have the camera send images to the PC every 10 seconds? That is, the camera will integrate for 10 seconds and send the image to the PC.

Does the Imaging Source software accept this image and display the color image and then update the image as new images are recieved every 10 seconds?

Does anyone have any example images of DSOs that I could look at (ie single images, no stacking, no processing)?

Thanks you
Gavin

Rainer
August 1, 2007, 01:35:14
Hello

I'm after a camera for displaying live color images of nebula and galaxies on my computer screen (eg for group viewing). Being able to capture, stack and process these images is a secondary consideration.

I was looking at something like the Mallincam and Stellacam video cameras but wonder whether the DBK 41AF02.AS would be a better option.

The sample images you provide are predominately lunar/planetary. Is this camera for lunar/planetary imaging only or could it work just as well for displaying live images of DSOs?

For example, could I set the exposure time to 10 seconds and have the camera send images to the PC every 10 seconds? That is, the camera will integrate for 10 seconds and send the image to the PC.

Does the Imaging Source software accept this image and display the color image and then update the image as new images are recieved every 10 seconds?

Does anyone have any example images of DSOs that I could look at (ie single images, no stacking, no processing)?

Thanks you
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Yes IC Capture can stream long time exposure images in continous way as it does when streaming short exposure frames.

Gavin Bray
August 1, 2007, 07:41:26
Thanks Rainer.

Do you know whether this camera would be suitable for displaying live color images or would I be better sticking with something like the Mallicam or Stellacam?

Do you know of anyone who uses the camera like this?

Thanks
Gavin