PDA

View Full Version : My problem: The OverlayBitmap Filter(OVip.ax) is either installed or not registered

valentin_0
July 22, 2007, 06:04:01
Hi,

I can't get my programs to run on my computer. I get the error ' The OverlayBitmap(ovlip.ax)is either not installed or not registered '

The softwares which I should install are as follows:
(1) WDM driver for TELI camera (use the full version with licence key)

Because TELI Camera is not aviable from Image Source of Taiwan, I get DMK 21AF04 instead.
In addition, no licence Key is need during WDM driver installation. I don't Know Why?

(2) install Direct X version(filename "directx_9c_Dec04SDK.exe", note: newer versions of DirectX are not supported)

I don't have this file, but DirectX of my computer is DirectX 9.0c( 4.09.0000.0904 )

(3) install the mouse refraction software

I have install it successfully, but I can't get it run. I get the error 'The OverlayBitmap(ovlip.ax)is either not installed or not registered '

Mouse software was send to me by a professor who write this program.

what should I be doing now?

Thank you a million!

Stefan Geissler
July 23, 2007, 09:47:36
Hello Valentin!

Because TELI Camera is not aviable from Image Source of Taiwan, I get DMK 21AF04 instead.
In addition, no licence Key is need during WDM driver installation. I don't Know Why?

This is quite simple: The TELI and SONY cameras are not built at The Imaging Source and can be bought at other companies. Thus our WDM driver is protected by a license key for these cameras. The DMK 21AF04 is built at The Imaging Source, thus the WDM driver is free any case and a license key is not necessary.

(2) install Direct X version(filename "directx_9c_Dec04SDK.exe", note: newer versions of DirectX are not supported)

I don't have this file, but DirectX of my computer is DirectX 9.0c( 4.09.0000.0904 )

If you want to program with C++, you would need the matching SDK, not the runtime files. If the SDK is missing, then the error message "DSHOW.H not found" will be displayed. The file "dshow.h" and all related files are part of the DirectShow SDK of the "Windows® Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK Web Install", which can be found at following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en

On this page we recommend to click on the "Download" button for the web installer. After the web installer has been downloaded and started, select "custom setup" and uncheck all items except "DirectShow SDK". Then install.

In Visual Studio the pathes to the include and library directories of the new plattform SDK must be added. The plattform SDK will be installed into the Visual Studio directory.

Using newer DirectShow SDKs in VC++ 6 leads to errors. Can be solved with define with:

#define NO_DSHOW_STRSAFE
The VC6++ support of Microsoft seems to be ended.

(3) install the mouse refraction software

I have install it successfully, but I can't get it run. I get the error 'The OverlayBitmap(ovlip.ax)is either not installed or not registered '
It seems, that your professor did not give you all necessary files. Please have a look into the "Distributing your applications" section of the IC Imaging Control 2.1 documentation to retrieve a list of the needed files. Ask your professor for these files.

valentin_0
July 23, 2007, 11:58:57
Thank you for your help!:)

Today I just downloaded three .DLL files:
msvcr70
msvcp70
msvcp60

After that I registered three .ax files successfully.

All are OK now!