PDA

View Full Version : Problem with USB camera

John David
June 30, 2007, 01:18:50
Hello,
I have a Fuji FinePix S7000 and an IC 1394 frame grabber. I have no problems with IC activeX seeing the 1394 but no way it sees the USB camera.
If I run the sample app it sees both USB and 1394.

I have the Professional version....I guess. I installed the IC software and entered my serial number.

Can you help ?

Thanks and regards,
David

Stefan Geissler
July 2, 2007, 07:59:07
Hi David,

First of all you are on the right trace. You would need IC Professional to see the USB camera. But if the camera has no WDM driver, then DirectShow wont see the camera, thus IC Imaging Control can not see it too.

I suggest to use Graphedit ("graphedt.exe") from the DirectShow SDK to see, whether it can open your camera. You can download it from the internent

If Graphedit can see the camera, then there should be no reason, why IC Imaging Control Pro can not see it.

If you have any results, we may can discuss them.

John David
July 2, 2007, 14:41:20
Hello Stefan,

thank you for your quick response. I have tried using the sample application on the CD and yes, it does see my usb camera. Not only can it see it but it can record images and videos. All is perfect.

My problem is when I use the activex control in my software. It soes not see the usb camera. It only sees the 1394 frame grabber I bought from Imaging Source.

Can you help me ?

thanks
David

Stefan Geissler
July 2, 2007, 14:43:20
Hi David,

I would like to to send an email to support@imagingcontrol.com.

John David
July 2, 2007, 14:45:43
PS. How can I tell if I have the professional software ?

thanks
David

Stefan Geissler
July 2, 2007, 14:47:12
David,

PS. How can I tell if I have the professional software ?
Just send an email to support@imagingcontrol.com.

John David
July 3, 2007, 07:09:08
Hi Stefan,
thanks for your help. I will send them an email today.

bye
David

John David
July 3, 2007, 09:03:23
Hello Stefan,

I'm sorry but I didn't notice that I had the free TIS version software instead of the professional version.
Issue closed.

thanks
David