PDA

View Full Version : slow frame rate with rotateflip filter

tomhog
May 23, 2007, 17:18:25
Im using the rotate flip filter with my DFK31BF03 but it seems to lag. The actual frame rate is good, but the video is about nearly half a second behind real life.

Is the a particular way I should snap the images. i.e is is faster to snap five, use them then snap five more

cheers

Stefan Geissler
May 24, 2007, 11:01:52
Hi,

the rotate flip filter needs a lot of CPU time, thus your video lags. I am very sorry, but this can not be fastened. But 500 ms seems very much time. What video format do you use? If you use the BY8 video format, then the computer is also busy with color space transformation. In this case you may get better results using the UYVY video format.

tomhog
May 24, 2007, 12:46:53
Hi

Thanks, yes I am using the BY8 format. Basically I need to turn my video the correct way up. Once I started using BY8 with an RGB32 sink it went upside down. Then I would also like to flip it horizontally so that the user sees a mirrored image.
Any ideas how to achieve this quickly enough? I know it is possible from using dsvl.

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
May 24, 2007, 15:02:30
Hi,

First of all, the video should not be flipped, only because it is RGB32. Are saved images flipped too?

Also you may use RGB24 instead of RGB32. May be the flipping can be avoided with this. In RGB32 is not more information than in RGB24.

tomhog
May 30, 2007, 10:57:22
Managed to fix it. Something futher down the line wasnt liking the 32 bit rgb.
Thanks for the help.