PDA

View Full Version : MaximDL support

ManuelJ
April 3, 2007, 11:16:29
Hello,

I'm using the DMK camera for guiding with Maxim, and I find that with the Video DS standard plugin, I cannot change the most important parameters like exposure time and gain. I have to close Maxim, open IC capture, change the parameters and reopen Maxim.

Other cameras like lumenera, sbig, apogee, artemis... have a plugin developed specifically for this software solution. Do you plan to make a plugin in the near future?.

Yours,
Manuel.

gpohls
May 25, 2007, 19:09:09
I hope there is an answer for this....

I have the same problem and I have also notice your same observations.

I think the problem relies on the type of integration settings and the advance parameters...I hope they can provide us these settings.

Maxim is one of the most used CCD platforms and it would be a shame that TIS cameras were not support it.

Stefan Geissler
May 29, 2007, 11:52:30
Hi,

We had a look on MaximDL 4:

Using a camera directly in MaxIm DL

Click oon the "View" menu and select "CCD Control Window". Now a new window is shown. In the "Setup" tab, click on the "Setup" button under "Main CCD Camera". Now select in the "Camera Model" "Video DS" (its "DirectShow"). The The Imaging Source camera should be listed now. Close the current window. Now click the big "Connect" button. Immediately a new Window opens showin the live video of the camera. There seems to be no possibility to setup the camera properties directly.

Importing uncompressed Y800

Another method is to capture uncompressed AVI with IC Capture 2.0 in Y800 format. IC Capture 2.0 gives a better control on the camera than K3CCDTools. The captured AVI can be imported by MaxIm DL without problems.

I would prefer the import of Y800 AVI files.

mickh
June 1, 2007, 22:29:23
I have just purchased a DFK 21AF04.AS, intending to use it with Maxim DL and FocusMax to implement an auto focusing system as well as to do imaging using IC Capture. Does the information in this thread indicate that the FocusMax/Maxim DL software combination will not work with the DFK camera to allow autofocusing? I certainly agree with and second the posting that TIS should generate a driver or plug-in to allow full functionality of the DMK/DFK cameras with Maxim DL, which is one of the major camera-control applications in the amateur astronomy community. DMK/DFK cameras should appear in the Maxim DL list of directly compatible cameras, and not be patched in through the Video Direct Show generic interface.

I would greatly appreciate some additional information and reaction from TIS on this issue.

Mick Hollimon
1 June 07
1:36 PM PDT (USA)
37 deg 18 min N Lat 122 deg 03 min W Long

Stefan Geissler
June 4, 2007, 12:33:01
Hi,

I asked the producer of MaximDL for support. But I can not promise anything.

mickh
June 4, 2007, 22:02:50
Stefan - thanks for at least starting the process of Maxim DL support for TIS cameras. For your information, an inquiry to a USA user of a TIS camera with Maxim DL produced the following reply about camera control:

"Its not that intuitive but the manual for Maxim does talk about exposure control - look under the 'Guiding' tab and there is a 'CCD' button there. Ought to do what you are looking for."

If possible, you might investigate that tip to see if Maxim DL can in fact control eaposure, etc. through the Video Direct Source interface.

Mick Hollimon
4 June 07
1:10 PM PDT

mickh
March 23, 2008, 22:41:26
Hi,

I asked the producer of MaximDL for support. But I can not promise anything.

Stefan - has there been any progress in generating a dedicated MaximDL plugin for TIS cameras (particularly the DFK 21AF04.AS)? Thanks.

Mick Hollimon
23 Mar 08
2:20 PM PDT USA

Stefan Geissler
March 25, 2008, 10:26:36
Mick,

sorry, no answer. I do not know what to do right now.