PDA

View Full Version : One more question ...

Rainer
March 30, 2007, 01:20:17
... about the Bayer Matrix

Hi,

Would you tell us which algorithm do you use when debayering in real time during streaming AVI videos ?

Is your chosen algorithm image quality oriented or streaming speed oriented ?

Stefan Geissler
March 30, 2007, 11:10:54
We do:
- Nearest Color
- Bilinear
- Edgesening.

You can choose them in the "Device"- "Debayering" menu of IC Capture.

Rainer
March 30, 2007, 19:48:10
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the quick answer. After I posted my message yesterday I was clicking around in IC Capture and found that dialog.

Also from what I read the best from the 3 is Edge sensing which was always checked.

I think I will have to make some tests in order to see the differences in the final result.

Stefan Geissler
April 2, 2007, 09:18:59
Hello Rainer,

Unfortunatelly the document of Mr. Ting Chen is no longer available on the www. It showed the best comparision between the known algorithms. You may try to find it on your own, I had no success with it.

Rainer
April 2, 2007, 22:10:19
Hello Rainer,

Unfortunatelly the document of Mr. Ting Chen is no longer available on the www. It showed the best comparision between the known algorithms. You may try to find it on your own, I had no success with it.

Dear Stefan,

Well, as curious as I am I made a test and this is what came out

http://www.rainerehlert.com/DMK/BM-Nc-Bi-Es-V4-01.jpg

As you can see the digital development software RegiStax v4 seems to have a better demosaicing algorithm then your best which is Edge sensing.

To whom do I sent my invoice about consulting fees ? perhaps to Mr. Sebastian Bollhorst ? :D

I think slowly but more likely soon TIS will have to give me something for my time and for my sales activities :D

I already own 6 (six) cameras from TIS Astronomy :eek:

Stefan Geissler
April 3, 2007, 09:06:06
Hi Rainer,

First of all, you may ask Mr. Sebastian Bollhorst? (Fragen kostet nichts.)

Second: The debayer algorithm of Registax seems to eliminate low pass behaviour (Tiefpassverhalten). I do not know how fast this is and whether it can be used in a real time processing. But the results of Registax debayering are very good. I suppose you can verify this by photographing a green white transit. The most algorithms will produce a brown line between the white and the green, some algorithms do this without this line.

Rainer
April 3, 2007, 16:49:42
Hi Rainer,

First of all, you may ask Mr. Sebastian Bollhorst? (Fragen kostet nichts.)

Second: The debayer algorithm of Registax seems to eliminate low pass behaviour (Tiefpassverhalten). I do not know how fast this is and whether it can be used in a real time processing. But the results of Registax debayering are very good. I suppose you can verify this by photographing a green white transit. The most algorithms will produce a brown line between the white and the green, some algorithms do this without this line.

Hi Stefan,

Fragen kostet nichts :D That is true, but he is so far away in Taiwan :rolleyes:

I will make some test as you said in order to see the behaviour you mention.