PDA

View Full Version : Vs2005

merlinsystems
February 23, 2007, 15:43:34
Environment: VS2005, DX9.0C, Windows XP(SP2), DXExtras, IC3.0.4

The DemoAPP sample application runs o.k. and I am able to select my camera. If I build the DemoApp from the source code then there are no cameras available to select. Appears to be a build issue with VS2005/DX?

Stefan Geissler
February 23, 2007, 16:06:50
Hi

The DemoAPP sample application runs o.k. and I am able to select my camera. If I build the DemoApp from the source code then there are no cameras available to select. Appears to be a build issue with VS2005/DX?
Edit/Delete Message

I guess, your IC Imaging Control license came with one of the The Imaging Source devices for free. (Is this correct?) Thus your own IC Imaging Control projects will only detect The Imaging Source devices. The Demoapp has been built with IC Imaging Control professional, thus it will detect all WDM driven video capture devices.

merlinsystems
February 23, 2007, 17:41:10
So if I purchase the pro version and recompile with a pro license key then this will work o.k.?

Stefan Geissler
February 26, 2007, 09:56:56
Hell,

So if I purchase the pro version and recompile with a pro license key then this will work o.k.?
Yes, this is correct.

merlinsystems
February 26, 2007, 18:20:32
Hi, I have upgraded the device to an ImagingSource camera:

DBK 21AF04
Serial No: 44600079

When running the DemoApp this camera is not found (I have keyed in the license number supplied on the disk as the trial period has expired).

I am sure this was working, but maybe it only worked during the 28 day trial period?

Stefan Geissler
February 27, 2007, 08:03:01
If the camera is not detected by the demoapp, I guess, the correct driver is not installed. This happens, if the name of the camera has be changed.

At least, on CD ROM that came with your camera is the IC Imaging Control full version too, thus you do not need to install the trial version, to run your DBK 21AF04. As far as I can see from the serial number, the name of the camera has not been changed.

Please reinstall the driver from the CD ROM that came with your camera. Then your camera should be detected by your application.