PDA

View Full Version : Strobe signal problems

PeterK
February 23, 2007, 09:26:44
Hi,

1. I'm using the DMK 31BF03 camera. When I use the strobe signal to flash the light source, a major part of one horizontal line in the image appears darker that the neighbouring lines. Vertical position of that line varies with the exposure time set. It appears on the top of the image when the exposure time is less than 1/30th of the second and it moves down the image as the exposure time decreases. The darker line disappear at 1/2000th or when the strobe signal is disabled. How to avoid that?

2. Here is my second problem. When I use the trigger to get the image on external event, I expect that the strobe signal can be used to flash the object on trigger. The light source blinks on trigger once but the image is still dark. It seems that the strobe signal is generated with the delay (I didn't check this by the oscilloscope). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter

Stefan Geissler
February 23, 2007, 10:03:36
Hello Peter,

We worked on the strobe properties and finished a new version of the camera's firmware, the camera's driver and IC Imaging Control (for more information refer to http://www.imagingcontrol.com/blog ).

I would like to have the serial number of your camera to check whether your camera's hardware can be used for the task you want to do.

I would like you to send it to support@imagingcontrol.com. If all is well, I would send you the matching download links for the firmware update and driver. IC Imaging Control can be updated by installing the trialversion (see the blog entry).