PDA

View Full Version : Problems gettting my DMK operating.

[1ponders]
February 20, 2007, 11:32:03
I am have difficulty getting my laptop to recognise the camera. I have tried two differenct PCMCIA firewire cards, my laptop is running XP. am also using a Belkin powered firewire hub.

I When I do finally get it to recognise the camera I get the following message. "This Device cannot start. Code 10"

Any ideas?

Stefan Geissler
February 20, 2007, 12:19:27
Hi,

The code 10 is, as far as I know, that now driver is installed. Please install the driver from the CD ROM, that came with your camera.

[1ponders]
February 20, 2007, 13:47:19
I find I keep having to install the driver Stefan. There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern to it. I plug in my firewire cardbus, plug the hub in and then connect the camera. Somedays the camera is recognised and is available when I start IC Capture, sometimes it isn't. It is very frustrating at times.

Stefan Geissler
February 20, 2007, 16:22:45
Hi,

Sounds not as good. Just a question: What happens, if you do not use the Belking Hub?

[1ponders]
February 20, 2007, 21:28:33
Even if I use a power adapter with the PCMCIA firewire card it won't see the camera.

Stefan Geissler
February 21, 2007, 10:00:24
I would like to summarize:

- If the camera is connected to the laptop, it is often not listed in the Device Manager.

Please check what chipset are in your PCMCIA FireWire boards. In last times i had some trouble with Texas Instruments chipsets, exspecially if two of them are built into the laptop. In this case try another PCMCIA FireWire board with a different chip. You wrote you have two different PCMCIA FireWire boards. Do they have different chip sets? It is always a good idea to check the camera on a desktop PC (if available) to check whether the camera itself has a problem.
Please let me know what laptop you use.

- If the is listed in the Device Manager, then the "Code 10" error message is shown.

If the camera is recognized and "Code 10 Device can not start" is shown, then I guess, the standard Windows DCam driver has been installed by Windows automatically. If so, then this error message must appear, because the standard Windows DCam driver is not able to handle the camera's Y800 video format. You can check this, by right click on the camera in the Device Manager and click on "Properties" in the context menu. In the no up popping property dialog you can click on the "Driver" tab to see the driver's properties. It should be "Microsoft" in case of error. If this is "The Imaging Source", then you may click on the "Driver details" button, which lists the driver files. One of them must be "TISDCam...sys". If it is not listed, then the our correct driver is not installed and the "Code 10" must appear.
In this case, you can only reinstall the correct driver from the CD ROM. I realy do not know, why Windows removes our driver sometimes. We have no influence on this.

- Sometimes the camera runs without problems.
Ok. This should happen not sometimes but every time.

[1ponders]
March 4, 2007, 06:25:48
I am still having problems Stefan. I am able to get the Device Manager to recognise the camera now and it shows that the camera is operating correctly, but when I open IC Capture it will often hang at the opening screen, or show the camera in the selection box and when I select the camera the system will crash showing blue screen and then rebooting.

I have reported the crash and received this message from MS

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Here are some screen dumps from Device Manager showing the DMK properties tabs and IC Capture's selection dialogue box.

Problem report summary

Problem type
Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?
No

What does this problem mean?
Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause
Unknown

Computer symptoms
A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

I am finding it very frustrating and don't know where to go from here. I am lucky if I can get the camera to work 1 out of 10 times. Once I can get it going I don't seem to have any more problems for that session.

[1ponders]
March 4, 2007, 06:56:01
final 2 screen dumps from IC Capture showing the hung IC Capture window and the end program box

Stefan Geissler
March 5, 2007, 15:46:08
Hi,

If you get a bluescreen, then Windows should have created a memory dump. The memory dump is located in the "\windows\minidump" directory. Please send this minidump to support@imagingcontrol.com, thus we can debug it and fix the problem.
Thank you in advance.

[1ponders]
March 6, 2007, 03:03:20
Hi Stefan, I'll zip up all the minidumps (13 in all) and email them to you. Thanks