PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Questions

Einstein007
January 21, 2007, 08:02:33
Hi,

could someone let me know whether there is a separate power input to the cameras or is the only way for supply via firewire? Is there a protection against reverse voltage? Has someone tried to cool the CCD and if so how?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Vincenzo

Stefan Geissler
January 22, 2007, 09:39:31
Hi,

The AF / BF series has no extra power supply input. The power must come through FireWire. But there is a matching FireWire cable with power input available:
http://www.theimagingsource.com/en/products/accessories/cables/ca139464pj2/overview/

The power input is protected against reverse voltage. If + and - are switched, nothing happens.

I have no experiences with CCD coolings, thus I can not this question. Sorry.

Einstein007
January 22, 2007, 19:14:17
Thanks a lot Stefan,

it should be possible to access the power input inside the case, I guess. I amaware that this means waving the warranty :D .

Actually I was hoping for some user to answer the cooling question. There are so many smart people modifying webcams etc.

Cheers

Vincenzo

sungrazer
February 28, 2007, 21:17:00
Stefan,
I just ordered the astronomy camera DMK 21AF04.AS with 4 pin firewire cable for support of external power supply.

In a previous post you said that "If + and - (for the power plug) are switched, nothing happens.

My question is, what polarity setting for the external power plug do you recommend? Is it outside (+) and inside (-) or vice versa?

Thank you forthe help :-)

Frank

Stefan Geissler
March 1, 2007, 12:04:13
Frank,

My question is, what polarity setting for the external power plug do you recommend? Is it outside (+) and inside (-) or vice versa?

I must surrender, I do not know. Just check it out. I your computer sounds "Plimplom" then the camera is powered correctly :-)

sungrazer
March 2, 2007, 20:56:48
Well, thank you sir!

Just for info: the correct polarity is -(o+

But it's a great camera, just tested it and everything works as expected!

Best Regards

Frank