PDA

View Full Version : Failure to Load Frame Filter

TimingMachinery
January 1, 2007, 22:43:15
Hi -

The attached files have changes labeled ECOO that I made to ImageandAVICapture sample so that consecutively numbered jpg's of image are stored to hard disk by pressing the snapshot button. It doesn't work yet. It seems createFilter fails, since m_pSaveImageFilter keeps coming up NULL. Thank you for your suggestions.

Ellis

Stefan Geissler
January 2, 2007, 14:48:45
Hi Ellis,

I would like to know, whether the error message box is shown after you have called

FilterLoader::createFilter("Save Image");
If the message box is shown, then please make sure that the filter is located in your working directory. Otherwise it can not be found by your application.

TimingMachinery
January 3, 2007, 03:03:54
Hi Stefan -
Attached is a bitmap image of the message box, plus an image of my working directory, plus an image of my output directory. I have placed copies of stdfilters.ftf, ICFilterContainer.dll, in both of those directories. To no avail, so I still don't know what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your advice...

Ellis

Stefan Geissler
January 3, 2007, 09:50:22
Hi Ellis,

Thank you for the images. I was not able to locate the "SaveImageFrameFilter.FTF" file on the images. Thus the load of the "save image" filter must fail. The "Save Image" filter is not contained in the "stdfilters.ftf". I gave you a project download link before. This download contains the "SaveImageFrameFilter.FTF" file.

TimingMachinery
January 4, 2007, 00:34:55
Hi Stefan -

I located three copies of SaveImageFrameFilter.FTF. It seems that ImageandAVICapture uses the copy at C:\Program Files\The Imaging Source Europe GmbH\IC Imaging Control 3.0\classlib\release, a 52 KB file. (I determined this by temporarily renaming each copy one at a time until ImageandAVICapture failed.) Somehow the Visual Studio.net 2003 setup got configured for ImageandAVICapture to know where to find SaveImageFrameFilter.FTF. But since I created my own idiosyncratic directory structure for the T_Rig project, it seems that such a path does not exist. I did put a copy of SaveImageFrameFilter.FTF in my output directory C:\t_rig\exe, and also in my working directory C:\Trig\T_Rig\vcproj, and also in my debug directory C:\Trig\T_Rig\vcproj\Debug. None of that works. Please advise, and thank you for your patience.

Ellis

Stefan Geissler
January 4, 2007, 09:09:26
Hi Ellis,

Frame filters are loaded from:
1.) the directory of the applications's executable,
2.) the directory of the loaded TIS_UDSHLXX_vcYY.DLL
3.) the directory specified by FilterLoader::setLoadPath. (http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/class/meth_descFilterLoader_setLoadPath.htm)

I guess none of the points above have matched to your project.

TimingMachinery
January 4, 2007, 23:30:11
Hi Ellis,

Frame filters are loaded from:
1.) the directory of the applications's executable,
2.) the directory of the loaded TIS_UDSHLXX_vcYY.DLL
3.) the directory specified by FilterLoader::setLoadPath. (http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/class/meth_descFilterLoader_setLoadPath.htm)

I guess none of the points above have matched to your project.

Hi Stefan, the attached image claims that 1.) SaveImageFrameFilter.FTF is indeed in the directory of the applications's executable, which is C:\t_rig\exe, that 2.) likewise it is in the directory of the loaded TIS_UDSHLXX_vcYY.DLL,
and that 3.) it is in the directory specified by FilterLoader::setLoadPath. But that I still get the load failure. I have attached a copy of the debug log in case it might be useful. Thank you for your continuing support.

Ellis

Stefan Geissler
January 5, 2007, 09:10:31
Hi Ellis,

Before I bog in guessing, you may zip your project and send it to support@imagingcontrol.com. Then I can have a look on it try to correct it. Would this be ok to you?

mattmunee
October 21, 2015, 17:32:53
Hi Ellis,

Before I bog in guessing, you may zip your project and send it to support@imagingcontrol.com. Then I can have a look on it try to correct it. Would this be ok to you?

I am having a similar problem, and I'm not sure how to prevent createFilter from returning a null pointer.

I'm trying to get started on a program using your DFG/HDSDI Video-to-USB 2 Converter. I've downloaded the C++ support files and examples. I'm trying to run the "ImageandAVICapture" example file. I managed to get it to build after specifying the macro for $(IC33PATH). However, when it runs, the line in ImageandAVICaptureDLG.cpp

m_pSaveImageFilter = FilterLoader::createFilter("Save Image");

returns a null pointer. Can you please help? There's no information on why it returns a null.

mattmunee
October 21, 2015, 17:41:17
For further help, here's the Output window just after the call to createFilter:

'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32.ft f', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32.ft f'
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll'
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll'
First-chance exception at 0x763cc44d in ImageandAVICapture.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > at memory location 0x001de420..
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter32.f tf
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32_d. ftf', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32_d. ftf'
First-chance exception at 0x763cc44d in ImageandAVICapture.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > at memory location 0x001de420..
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter32_d .ftf
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter64.f tf
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter64_d .ftf
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32.ft f', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32.ft f'
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100.dll'
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll'
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter32.f tf
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32_d. ftf', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'ImageandAVICapture.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\win32\debug\SaveImageFrameFilter32_d. ftf'
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter32_d .ftf
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter64.f tf
FilterLoaderImpl.cpp(51) : Error: Unable to load C:\Users\reavemt1\Documents\IC Imaging Control 3.4\classlib\Win32\Debug\\SaveImageFrameFilter64_d .ftf

Also, for the record, this is my very first attempt using your software.

mattmunee
October 21, 2015, 17:50:07
Also, do you need to actually be connected to a HDSDI device for createFilter to work? I'm currently just writing software without a camera attached.