View Full Version : Firewire camera disable usb camera??
December 14, 2006, 05:39:52
USB camera can't be detected whenever I plug in my firewire camera (31AF03). It seems firewire camera disabled the usb one. Where did it go wrong??
BTW, i checked the device manager. Both camera are "working properly." :(
December 14, 2006, 08:57:12
On most computers there is absolutely no relation between USB ans FireWire interfaces. Thus they have no influences to each other. What program do you use to handle both cameras? If the FireWire camera is connected to the computer, does your program no longer detect the USB camera? What USB camera do you use? May be its driver crashes if it detects another video capture device on a computer. I have heard about this from a Logitec driver, but I was not able to verify this.
December 14, 2006, 10:20:24
1) the usb camera i am using is Lumenera LU125M
2) regardless of program i use, be it Lumenera's own image capture program, IC-Imaging's Sample Demo Application or my own program, result is always the same.
3) To make both camera functioning at the same time, I have to unplug firewire camera first and only connect usb camera, run "LiveStart", then plug firewire camera back...... It works this way but very troublesome.
4) Previously there is no such problem with exactly same settings (same camera, PC, program, etc), this thing just pop up all of a sudden today! :o
New findings (hope it helps to identify the problem)
- I tried again with two firewire cameras (41AF02 & 31AF03), same problem -- only detect one camera (31AF03) when both are connected.
- And when i connect all three cameras, i could detect usb camera & one of firewire camera (31AF03)!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.