PDA

View Full Version : error when capturing YUY2

Chris Troch
September 5, 2006, 07:51:46
1/ i'm keep getting this error message when trying to capture from a device using YUY2 format (RGB24 is OK)...Exception from HRESULT 0x800A0007 (CTL_E_OUTOFMEMORY)
I'm using a 2 Gb memory system with a ATI Mobility Radeon X300 display adapter and a AverTV usb 2.0 capture box. I'm using the 3.0 .Net version with framwork 2.0

2/when using systems with an onboard display chipset (32Mb), the screen does not refresh enough (although the captured video quality is ok): could this be the display adapter being not fast enough? In this case we use a PCI capture card

rgds,

Chris Troch

Stefan Geissler
September 5, 2006, 09:45:48
Chris,

I think the memory error occurs in the color space transform filter that transforms the YUY2 video format into the color fomart of your desktop and your sink color format. You may send an email to support@imagingcontrol.com, so i could send a debugging help to you.

The second issue could be a problem of incomplete images. These images are thrown away by the driver(?) thus you will only see complete images with a slow refresh rate. I suggest to check the USB 2 grabber on another computer with a different graphics board.

Chris Troch
September 5, 2006, 10:28:30
2/ do you mean the display adapter driver? then maybe it would help installing the latest drivers?

Stefan Geissler
September 5, 2006, 11:50:58
Chris,

No. I think the driver of your AverTV usb 2.0 capture box filters the damaged images.