PDA

View Full Version : Crash when Ic lost the focus

willyx
August 3, 2006, 12:10:03
Hi, i've just made a change in my application to capture the video and stop/start the avi after a fixed size (to put in CD/dvd). I had radom crash...after a big dig, i've found that this happen only when my application is in background and i work with another application while the app records.
Strange...i've dowloaded Ic Capture 2.0 demo, toggled record info dialog, set to stop capture after 10 secs (could be nice also to start after the stop...) and while capturing broswed my computer, opened firefox ecc ecc.. when the timer stopped, i've recorded another one, and after the dialog to overwrite the avi file, I've the same crash of my program(50% of times).
This happen only when the IC control app lost the focus and u work in other computer task.
If u need other info (video of the crash ecc) I'm here

Johannes Vogel
August 3, 2006, 14:52:04
Hi,

I have a few questions:
1) What kind of device are you using?
2) Which video format is selected?
3) Which codec is used?

willyx
August 3, 2006, 17:21:29
1) Microsoft DV recorder
2) YUY2 720 576
3) Microsoft DV, main concept DV and DivX 6.2.

However i've uploaded a video:

http://www.archivex.it/test.avi

U need this codec:
http://download.techsmith.com/tscc/tscc.exe

And use the media player

Johannes Vogel
August 4, 2006, 09:57:41
Hi,
Give us a little time to reproduce the problem. In the mean time, there are a few things yo may check out:

1) turn off the hardware acceleration for the graphics board
2) What happens if the live display window is completely invisible (minimized or moved outside the desktop bounds?
3) Are you able to test the scenario with a diffenret device?

willyx
August 5, 2006, 02:09:45
1) Done...same problem
2) Same problem. If i've only minimized the subform in the IcDemo works, if i minimize the app and run left and right inside the pc...crash
3) Mmm...i've tryed the same device in my notebook. The problem is here but not 50% of times, near 1/30. I was nearly convinced that the problem was my pc, but after a lot of start/stop, the crash was there.
I've tryed another dv device(different hardware, but same microsoft dv driver), same problem. Tryed my crappy sony webcam of my vaio...seems fine.
Yes, near 70 start stop after 5 Mb with my app and it's ok.

Stefan Geissler
August 8, 2006, 09:51:44
Hello Willy,

Does the crash not occur, if you use the sony webcam? As far as I know, it uses a different driver and I also think, it has different video formats.
If so, I think, it is a problem if the color space transformation.