PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screens using Camera Calibration

Kenny
July 30, 2006, 22:59:32
If I open the Camera Calibration app my computer the splash screen shows and then I get a blue screen of death and the computer reboots. I have installed the latest video drivers and the latest Direct show. I have even tried two different video cards. One an Intel 82945G and a GeForce 7300 GS.
I am using a USB Creative Web Live ultra Camera for its wide angle lens. (Hence the need to undistort the comera)

To make things even more interesting, If I open the Camera Calibration App from the Workbench, it opens.

Any insight, comments, help, etc. is more then welcome.

Thanks,

Kenneth Levine

KennyLevine@bellsouth.net

Marc Cymontkowski
July 31, 2006, 09:15:22
Hi Kenny,

A blue screen of death can only be produced by kernel mode software. We tried it with a lot of different hardware components and didn't have this problem. Does the camera work well in the MV Capture Device Config application in case you start it from the start menu?

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

brow0833
August 7, 2006, 23:50:26
Not sure if it's related but I had the blue screen when I installed a USB over IP program : http://www.digistoreonline.com/searchresults.asp?dept_id=80 with MontiVision. After I uninstalled the USB program everything was fine.

My company decided not to use USB cameras since Network cameras cost about the same and don't have all the limitations: cord length ect..

Andy

Kenny
August 10, 2006, 16:13:06
I've tried MV Capture Device Config application and it opens and shows me my camera. It seems that when I use the Smart AxtiveX control I get the blue screen. I opened the Capture example for VB6 and stepped through the code. When I executed the .start command I get the splash dialog. (right now I'm using the demo) When I press OK it "blue screens".

I have tried removing all hardware acceleration for the video card and booted with no startup items... same thing. I have a GeForce 7300 video card that I removed and used the Intel video on the ******board. Same thing. I've stress tested my memory, its fine.

I don't know if its an issue but I'm running a Pentium D proccessor (dual core) on a ASUS P5LD2-VM ****** board.

Any suggestions???

Kenny
kennylevine@bellsouth.net

:(

Kenny
August 11, 2006, 07:02:12
OK after an exhaustive search, I found that my "Creative Webcam ultra live" camera or driver is causing the problem. This comes after changing memory, ******board, and HD Controller.

If I plug in a different camera The Camera Calibration works.

However, I'm still at a loss as to why My Creative camera works for all other MV Apps including the workbench but not for the camera calibration app.

If I set up a project using the work bench utilizing the camera calibration filter, it works. If I use the Camera Calibration App it doesn't (blue Screen).

In any case the Smart Control will not work with the creative camera at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kenny
kennylevine@bellsouth.net

cbacs
August 25, 2006, 13:05:43
Hi all,

We have the same problem using a USB Typhoon Camera. After
pressing the start-Button, the computer reboots. We tried with
.NET 03 and 05 on two different computers. We are really intersted
in the MVGDIOverlay Filter, so any help would be great!

Thanks for suggestions

Christian

Marc Cymontkowski
August 27, 2006, 10:18:59
Hi,

We ordered both cameras, the Logitech and the Typhoon one for testing. As soon as we receive them, we will look into it.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

cbacs
August 29, 2006, 13:05:16
Thanks a lot! I just got another problem. We have now another camera and it works fine. We tried now to combine the Network Source with the GDI Overlay, but no connection could be found.... any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Christian

Marc Cymontkowski
August 29, 2006, 13:16:21
Christian,

MV IP Camera Source needs to be initialized using a valid URL before the filters output can be connected. In the Workbench, open the property page, set the URL, wait until the filter reports being initialized and then connect the output to MV MJPEG Decompressor. The decompressor will connect to the GDI Overlay filter.

In applications using the Smart Control, you would set the URL when the OnOutputConnected event of the Smart Control is called for the IP Camera Source fitler output pin.

Best Rgeards,

Marc Cymontkowski

Marc Cymontkowski
August 29, 2006, 15:27:13
Kenny, Christian,

Thanks for that hint. We received those two cameras today and found the issue. The camera driver does not handle a frame duration value of zero.

Solution for MVP files used with demo applications:
a) Open the original MVP files supplied with the development kit using the Workbench.
b) Select and delete MV Demo Source (often called 'VideoSource' or 'Video Source') and make sure you remember its MVP file name (e.g. 'VideoSource').
c) Re-Insert MV Demo Source from the 'Video\\Source' menu and reconnect it to the following filter.
d) Rename 'MV Demo Source' to whatever its MVP file name was before.
e) Save the MVP file and (if neccessary) copy it to the other folders (e.g. 'release' or 'debug').

Now the corresponding demo application should work fine.

This changes one parameter for the MV Demo Source filter, which was introduced with version 3.0. This problem won't show up with new MVP files created with Version 3.0.

Attention!!!
This won't fix the crash you experienced using the camera calibration application as we need to fix the internally used MVP file.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

Marc Cymontkowski
August 29, 2006, 15:50:44
An updated Camera Calibration application is also available now. Please contact us by eMail to receive an update.

Marc