PDA

View Full Version : Live feed using CCD camera

Datman
July 10, 2006, 21:43:50
Hi guys

I am new to the whole vision thing. Just have a couple of quick questions about IC imaging control. I like the look of the software, looks like a good solution for us. I have been having a play with the trial version before we commit ourselves to it. My only question is about resolutions etc. We are using a sony ccd camera, which will eventually be teamed up with an imagenation framegrabber. What I want to do is fairly simple, just a live video feed and overlay refernece lines on this feed. We need the video image to be as large as possible, ie if we use a 17inch monitor we want to have as large a picture on the screen as possible. I gather this means we will need a higher resolution correct? Can IC imaging control support higher formats than 768 x 576.

sorry if this is a ridiculous questions, am very new to cameras and the like!

cheers

Stefan Geissler
July 11, 2006, 08:08:05
Hi,

All video formats provided by your video capture device are possible. Also solutios like 1280*960 (DFK 41AF02) or 2000*2000 (TELI CBS 4000).

Even smaller solutions are possible like 80*20 etc.

If you want to display a fullscreen image regardless of the video format, you may code following:

Private Sub Form_Load()
ICImagingControl1.ShowDeviceSettingsDialog

' Check whether a valid video capture device has been selected.
If ICImagingControl1.DeviceValid Then
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayDefault = False
ICImagingControl1.LiveStart
Else
' No device has been selected. display a message
' and terminate the application.
MsgBox "No video capture device selected." + Chr(13) + _
"Please select a video capture device in the Properties window first!"
Unload Me
End If
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Resize()
' Resize the ImagingControl window
ICImagingControl1.Width = ScaleWidth
ICImagingControl1.Height = ScaleHeight
'Resize the displaywindow in the ImagingControl window
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayWidth = ScaleX(Width, vbTwips, vbPixels)
ICImagingControl1.LiveDisplayHeight = ScaleY(Height, vbTwips, vbPixels)
End Sub

You may have a look on the attached VB 6 sample.
If the live video is magnified in this way, the pixels are magnified too. Also the graphik overlay will be magnified, so your lines will have more than one pixel width.

If the video format's resolution is higher, like your desktop's resolution, then the pixels are not magnified.

Datman
July 12, 2006, 03:17:28
thanks mate thats exactly what i wanted to know!!