PDA

View Full Version : Sony SNC-RZ50N IP Camera

recall00
June 20, 2006, 13:58:52
I am trying to interface with a Sony SNC-RZ50N IP camera and am having very little success. I am able to interface to Axis cameras without any trouble but Axis offers software that handles programmatic camera control. I have found no such offering out of Sony. I am able to access and control the camera through MSIE by simply inputting the camera's IP address. I have monitored my ethernet port using Etheral in hopes of finding the appropriate command to issue to the camera. Again, no luck.

Does anybody know of an SDK or API for Sony cameras? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Montivision has worked beautifully on everything else but I need to figure out this Sony camera "stuff"

Thank You,

Bob

brow0833
June 21, 2006, 22:34:14
I've also had success with Axis cameras and their video servers. Sony is also on my support list so I'm very curious about this. I'll have a Sony camera on order soon. So I'll post when I get that figured out. Sony should provide the URL needed to access their M-JPEG stream.

Also, I've just found a problem with Axis cameras and the MontiVision IP filter. If the Axis cameras is configured to send an image of 320x288, I make a workbench .mvp file and render the pin all is well. If I then change the resolution to 640x480 and try to start the .mvp file again it fails to sample, just shows a black window.

Am I missing a step here?

Andy

Marc Cymontkowski
June 22, 2006, 08:19:04
Andy,

You have to reload the MVP file in case you change the video resolution. That is because DirectShow filters negotiate their media type when being connected.

Best Regards,

Marc Cymontkowski

recall00
July 5, 2006, 13:43:24
I am still attempting to understand the idiosyncracies of accessing this Sony camera. When I monitor ethernet traffic between the camera and the PC connected to the camera, using commercial software that targets the SNC-RZ50N camera, I see that the PC sends a request for the video:

"GET /oneshotimage.jpg HTTP/1.1"

The camera responds:

"Unauthorized. Your client does not have permission toget URL /oneshotimage.jpg from this server"

The PC again requests the video:

"Get /oneshotimage.jpg HTTP/1.1"

This time the PC also sends username and password. The camera responds by sending the appropriate video. After passing the username and password one time only, the PC successfully requests the video using:
"GET /oneshotimage.jpg HTTP/1.1" (no username or password).

To bring an end to a long post, is it possible to specify the username and password when initializing the Montivision IP Camera filter? If so, how?

I have attached a file to this post containing the packet information described above. Packet #4 is the initial request from the PC. Packet 6 is the camera's "unauthorized request" message and packet 14 is the PC's successfull request for video. This file may be opened with any text viewer (Notepad, EditPadLite, etc.).

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Bob Lee
Recall Technologies, Inc.

brow0833
August 7, 2006, 22:56:13
Have you found out how to sample from the Sony yet? I'm currently attempting to make the Panasonic BL-C10 work.

Anyone know the URL that accesses the M-JPEG stream in the Panasonic BL-C10?

Andy

brow0833
August 7, 2006, 23:34:06
I found this info on Sony Cameras:

</manufacturer>
- <manufacturer name="Sony">
- <model id="SONP1">
- <!-- NEEDS to be in JPEG mode to serve out oneshotimage.jpg
-->
<name>SNC-P1</name>
- <urls>
<jpg>/oneshotimage.jpg</jpg>
<mjpg>/image</mjpg>
</urls>
<notes>To be able to access images from a Sony camera, you first need to make sure the camera is in JPEG mode in the camera settings.</notes>
</model>
- <!--
<model id="SONM1">
MJPEG url is NOT a format we can use (even in JPEG mode)
<name>SNC-M1/M1W</name>
<urls>
</urls>
</model>

<model id="SONM3">
MJPEG url (/image) is NOT a format we can use (even in JPEG mode). It also has /img/mjpeg.cgi
<name>SNC-M3/M3W</name>
<urls>
</urls>
</model>

-->
- <model id="SONZ20">
<name>SNC-Z20N/P</name>
- <urls>
<mjpg>/image</mjpg>
</urls>
<notes>To be able to access images from a Sony camera, you first need to make sure the camera is in JPEG mode in the camera settings.</notes>
</model>
- <!--
haven't confirmed this
<model id="SONDF40">
<name>SNC-DF40N/P</name>
<urls>
<mjpg>/image</mjpg>
</urls>
</model>

-->
- <model id="SONRZ30">
<name>SNC-RZ30N/P</name>
- <urls>
<mjpg>/image</mjpg>
</urls>
- <ptz>
<class>icptz.sony</class>
</ptz>
</model>
- <!--
<model id="SONGS">
<name>Generic single camera</name>
<urls>
</urls>
</model>

-->

recall00
August 8, 2006, 21:12:06
sorry for the delayed response. yes we have connected to the sony snc-rz50n. the correct url entry is:

http://username:password@ip.address/image.

now i am trying to get audio also. i can access the camera with internet explorer and receive audio correctly but when i access the camera through the filtergraph (created using MontiVision's workbench) no audio!!!

bob

brow0833
August 16, 2006, 14:54:41
Bob,

Thanks for the tip on the URL. I'm working with the Sony SNC-P1. I'm looking around for how do capture audio without luck so far. Have you found any documentation on the URL arguments that control frame rate, resolution, and others?

For Example Axis has this form:

http://<servername>/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi
[?<parameter>=<value>[&<parameter>=<value>...]]

where parameter = 'fps' and value = [0..30].

Does the Sony product line have anything similar?

Thanks,
Andy
abrown[at]datasci.com

recall00
August 16, 2006, 16:12:57
Andy,

If you have access to a Sony camera, play with it then go to the "Settings" area and examine the system log file. I changed our from 30fps to 15 fpr and this was pasted in the log file

/command/camera.cgi ImageCodec=jpeg-mpeg4&JpImageSize=640,0&JpAreaSelect=off&JpFrameRate=15&JpQuality=5&J

hope that this helps.

Let me know if you find the way to get audio. I can get it fine with I.E. just not through a filtergraph.

Bob

brow0833
August 16, 2006, 16:25:14
Sony just sent these to me. CGI documentation. I also have a 240KB Sony file, but it's greater then the 100KB file max for this forum.

Andy

brow0833
August 16, 2006, 16:28:30
This may do the trick!

http://username:password@ip.address/image?audioin=on[&speed=<value>]

Less the face icon...

rich-gee
October 18, 2007, 14:02:38
I'm having trouble setting the current position to "Home" for the SNC RZ50N camera in a C++ application.

I'm using the call (ref: Sony Network Camera SDK for Visual C++ 6.0):

SNC::SendCGICommand(sncHandle, "POST",
"/command/presetposition.cgi",
"HomePos=set",
sResponse, sizeof(sResponse), &ret_len);

but it does'nt execute, nor does it register in the camera's Access log.

I can, however, go to the Home position, using the call:

SNC::SendCGICommand(sncHandle, "POST",
"/command/presetposition.cgi",
"HomePos=ptz-recall",
sResponse, sizeof(sResponse), &ret_len);

which also registers in the Access log.

Do anyone know why the "set Home" cgi command is not working?

Rich-Gee

rich-gee
October 18, 2007, 15:58:43
Does anyone know how to format mpeg-4 files from video / audio streams generated from the Sony Network Camera (Model RZ50N). I need to have these files to be playable on Microsoft's Windows Media Player (Version 10), or Real Audio's RealPlayer (Version 10.5).

Any documentation that you might know of, or technical assistance that you can provide would be most appreciated.

Rich-Gee

GGCC
April 15, 2008, 13:45:09
Hello,
May I ask where I can have SONY SNC-RZ-50N SDK?