PDA

View Full Version : Overlay on STILL IMAGE

Steve_SSC
April 6, 2006, 09:42:58
Hi,

Thanks to your comprehensive documentation, I can do overlay on live video stream.

Now I want to draw something on the still image. For example, the coach wants to show the athletics all the move. He'll stop the video, and draw on the still image.

Would you please tell me how to do that in ICControl ?

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
April 6, 2006, 09:56:31
Hello Steve,

This is no possible in IC yet. You may copy the current image into a picture box, hide IC Imaging Control and show the picturebox instead. Then do the drawings on the pictureobox. This is the only way i know at this point of time.

Steve_SSC
April 10, 2006, 09:44:51
Hello Stefan,

Thanks for the tip, works great !!! Much appreciated!

I have another question then :P

I want to apply a deinterlaced filter to the display. Where could I get that filter except for coding it myself?

Thanks a lot,

Johannes Vogel
April 11, 2006, 11:49:14
Hello,

With the new filter technology of IC 3.0, this is very easy. A simple deinterlace filter would copy all odd lines to the following even lines. Thats is all. The only thing you need is Visual C++ 7.

Steve_SSC
April 12, 2006, 03:06:48
The method you provides should work fine. However as far as I know, the image size will be reduced half, since every frame only consist of half number of lines.

Am I correct?

Is there any other way to obtain a filter that employs a decent deinterlace method like Bob?

Thanks a lot,

Johannes Vogel
April 12, 2006, 09:28:41
Hello,

If you copy the contents of every odd line to the next even line, you will get the same number of lines but every pair of an odd line and the following even line will have the same contents. This is, of course, a very simple way of doing it. But it is very easy to implement.

trotek
July 28, 2008, 14:22:30
Hello

Is there already a 'straight' solution to
do overlays in a non live video ?

Walter

Hi,

Thanks to your comprehensive documentation, I can do overlay on live video stream.

Now I want to draw something on the still image. For example, the coach wants to show the athletics all the move. He'll stop the video, and draw on the still image.

Would you please tell me how to do that in ICControl ?

Thanks

Stefan Geissler
July 29, 2008, 09:34:28
Hi,

There is no solution in IC Control for this. I suggest to copy the image into a PictureBox and make the drawings on the PictureBox. Dure to this, you may hide IC Control.
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/documentation/activex/prop_descICImagingControl_Picture.htm