PDA

View Full Version : Cannot select device

Carsten Lohe
March 28, 2006, 15:29:13
I'm using IC IC 2.1.110.500 (2.1, Rev. 5) in a VB 6 application.
Suddenly I have the problem that my video-to-FireWire converter (DFG/1394-1e) is not listed in the VB 6 environment (Visual Studio) but the IC IC sample application (DemoApp) shows it in the device drop-down box. When I open the VB project of the TIS sample application I'm not able to select the FW-converter in the device property (the list is empty). Strange but true: the exe finds the device, the development environment does not.
Today I have installed the drivers for the DFK 31F03 camera. There are no problems with this device - I can select it in Visual Studio as well as in an Executable.

I've got a similar error message from some of my customers, that they cannot use (select) their DFK 41F... resp. DFK 31F... camera in my application. These customers have installed my VB6 application that uses IC IC version 1.4.1. For me it seems that this error occurred after the customers have installed IC Capture 2.x. The IC Capture Application lists the device and shows a live image.
I don't know if thats really the reason. It would be nice to get some help.

Best regard,
Carsten.

Johannes Vogel
March 29, 2006, 10:31:17
Hello,

this looks like a complex support case and cannot be handled here. Please send your request to support@imagingcontrol.com